- Movies When KGF Star Yash Was Cursed By Golden Girl Ramya For Allegedly Destroying Her Filmi Career
- Sports Tokyo 2021: Indian Men and Women's Hockey Teams ready to focus for next year
- Automobiles Isuzu BS6 Vehicles Launch Delayed Due To Covid-19 Lockdown In India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In April
- Lifestyle What Is Convalescent Plasma Therapy? Is It Effective To Fight COVID-19?
- News Coronavirus: Israel PM Netanyahu enters quarantine after aide tests positive
- Finance Bank of Baroda Cuts Lending Rates
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 with NightOwl Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM
Samsung's first generation Galaxy Note (N7000) will not receive official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update. But NightOwl has come up with custom built firmware to enjoy the latest Android Lollipop version on the old device.
The custom ROM is based on CM12 supporting Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. This custom firmware built is still in beta stages, so bugs are more likely to come. Even in the beta stage, the ROM is very stable and usable on the device.
The NightOwl custom ROM comes with numerous new features, here is a list of key features for Galaxy Note N7000.
- Merged CM changes
- Backup Tool
- Wi-Fi and GPS problems are solved
- Manual network select is working
- Multi-user support is disabled
This installation guide will help you to install the NightOwl Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM on Galaxy Note N7000. Do read all the steps to install the custom firmware correctly on your device.
Points to Remember Before Installation
1. This tutorial is only for installing NightOwl Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. Do not try to install on any devices including other Galaxy Note variants.
2. The Galaxy Note should be rooted with the latest recovery system before installing the custom ROM and have ClockworkMod recovery installed in the device.
3. The smartphone should have at-least 80 percent battery charge to avoid power off during the installation process.
4. Ensure Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 USB drivers are installed on the PC.
5. Backup all the data and additional files; Installing custom ROM will wipe the memory of the smartphone.
Step-by-Step Installation Guide
Step 2: Connect and mount Galaxy Note N7000 to computer via USB cable.
Step 3: Copy and paste the downloaded files (Android 5.1.1 ROM.zip and Google Apps.zip) to SD card root. Do not paste the downloaded zip files to device memory or inside any other folders.
Step 4: After copying the files to SD card, disconnect the device from computer.
Step 5: Now boot the smartphone to Recovery Mode, by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at a time.
Step 5: Once you are in the Recovery Mode, perform full data wipe by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset' option.
(Note: Use Volume keys to navigate and Power button to select, while operating in the recovery mode.)
Step 6: Now, clear cache memory of the device by choosing 'wipe cache partition'.
Step 7: Go back to recovery mode and select 'advance' and choose 'wipe dalvik cache' to perform complete wipe.
Step 8: Again come back to main menu of recovery mode and select on 'install zip from SD card'. Navigate to the SD card to select the downloaded ROM file.
Installing custom ROM may take few minutes, wait until the installation process gets complete.
Step 9: Repeat the step 8 to install Google Apps.
Step 10: Reboot the smartphone from recovery mode by selecting 'reboot system now'.
Now the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 must be running the custom built NightOwl Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
[Note: This procedure is highly technical. If the smartphone brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the smartphone. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk.]
Source: Team Android