- Movies Fahadh Faasil And Mahesh Narayanan Wrap Up Malik!
- News Kerala did a disastrous thing by electing Rahul Gandhi: Ramachandra Guha
- Sports Former India all-rounder Bapu Nadkarni passes away at 86, Sachin Tendulkar offers his condolences
- Lifestyle What Causes Vitamin B12 Deficiency And How To Treat It
- Automobiles MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- Finance Reliance Announces Q3 Results; Net Profit Climbs 13%
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
How To Update Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505) To Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM
The Android 5.1.1 Resurrection Remix Lollipop is one of the best ROMs available for the Galaxy S4 with model number I9505. The custom ROM is stable, fast, smooth and features Quick-Smart pull down, heads up notifications and amazing battery life.
This tutorial will guide you on how to install Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (I9505). Don't forget to read all the points mentioned in the tutorial before installation.
Have a look at the key features of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM.
- Dark Material Theme
- Quick-Smart pull down
- Enhanced battery life
- Heads up notifications
- Quick Unlock
- New Music and Audio fx app
- Included all CM 12 features
- Overall speed up system
[Note: This is not an official release by Samsung for Galaxy S4 with model number I9505, but just a custom ROM build by Resurrection Remix.]
Points to remember before installing custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505.
1. This tutorial is only for installing Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM by Resurrection Remix for Samsung Galaxy S4 with model number I9505 with LTE. Do not try to install on any devices including other Galaxy S4 variants.
2. The smartphone should be rooted with the latest recovery system before installing the custom ROM and have latest ClockworkMod recovery installed in the device.
3. Backup all the data and additional files; Installing custom ROM will wipe the memory of the smartphone.
4. The Samsung Galaxy S4 should have at-least 60 percent or above battery to avoid power off during the installation process.
5. Ensure Samsung Galaxy S4 USB drivers are installed on the PC.
6. Samsung Kies will not detect the device after installing the custom ROM.
Step-by-Step Installation Guide To Update Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE (I9505) with Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM.
Step 1: Connect and mount Galaxy S4 to computer via USB cable.
Step 2: Copy and paste the downloaded files (Andorid 5.1.1 ROM.zip and Google Apps.zip) to SD card root. Do not paste the downloaded zip files to device memory or inside any other folders.
Step 3: After copying the files to SD card, switch off the device and disconnect from PC.
Step 4: Now boot the smartphone to Recovery Mode, by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
Step 5: Once you are in the ClockworkMod Recovery, perform full data wipe by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset' option. (Note: Use Volume keys to navigate and Power button to select, while operating in the recovery mode.)
Step 6: Now, clear the cache memory of the device by choosing 'wipe cache partition'.
Step 7: Go back to recovery mode and select 'advance' and choose 'wipe dalvik cache' to perform complete wipe. (This step is optional).
Step 8: Again come back to main menu of recovery mode and select on 'install zip from SD card'. Navigate to the SD card to select the downloaded file; Android 5.1.1 ROM.zip
Step 9: Installing custom ROM might take few minutes, do not interrupt the installation process.
Step 10: Repeat the step 8 to install Google Apps, after the custom ROM installation completes.
Step 11: Reboot the smartphone from recovery mode by selecting 'reboot system now'.
The Galaxy S4 will take at least 5 minutes to boot for the first time with custom ROM installed.
Once the smartphone starts, finish all recommended setups and verify the Resurrection Remix Android 5.1.1 Lollipop installed on the device. To verify, go to device Settings >> About Phone and check details.
[Note: This procedure is highly technical. If the smartphone brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the smartphone. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk.]
Source: Team Android