TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
How To Install iOS 9 Beta 3 on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
Apple iOS 9 beta 3 is here! The new update rolled out bearing build number 13A4293f to developers to install the latest build on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Apple unveiled iOS 9 during its annual developers meet, the WWDC 2015 on 8 June. The new iOS brings in number of new features and improvements like Proactive Assistant, transit directions in Maps, enhanced multitasking features for iPad and more.
The company release the third beta version just over two weeks after iOS 9 beta 2 was released. iOS 9 beta 2 came with some minor features and improvements. While, the iOS 9 beta 3 also includes some bug fixes and improvements. The iOS 9 beta 3 will offer full support for Apple Music, the music streaming service, which was launched a week ago with iOS 8.4.
Interested users can go ahead and install iOS 9 beta 3 with or without registered UDID, using this tutorial.
Key Points to Remember
1. To get access to the newer beta version of iOS, it is mandatory to enroll yourself into the Apple iOS Developer Program with an annual membership plan of $99.
2. The beta versions are often untested, and may contain some unknown bugs.
3. Back up all important data and settings of the device using iCloud or iTunes.
4. Ensure the latest version of iTunes is installed.
5. iOS 9 beta 3 is officially compatible with the following devices only:
iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, Retina iPad mini, iPad with Retina Display (iPad 4, iPad 3), iPad 2, iPad mini
iPod touch (5th generation)
[Disclaimer: This procedure is highly technical. If the device brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the devices. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk.]
How to prepare the device for installing iOS 9 beta 3 via Registered UDID
- Login to Member Center on Apple Developer Website
- Click On Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles
- Select Devices from the left navigational panel under iOS Apps.
- Click on add (+) button to register your iOS devices.
- Here you need to enter the UDID of the iOS device, which is a 40-digit hex character string. UDID can be found using either Xcode or iTunes. Methods to find UDID is provided below.
- You will be prompted to review the details, then click on the Register button to complete the registration process for your iOS devices.
Method to find UDID of iOS devices.
Xcode method: Connect your iOS device to Mac and open Xcode. Then in Xcode, navigate to the ‘Window' drop down menu and select ‘Organizer'. You should now see your device's UDID.
iTunes method: Connect your iOS device to Mac and launch iTunes. In iTunes, select your iOS device in the ‘Devices' section and navigate to the Summary tab. Click on the Serial Number label, this will show the Identifier field and the 40 hex character UDID.
Download iOS 9 Beta 3
Download official iOS 9 Beta from the Apple Developer Website (download links provided above).
Click on SDK, then Download button in the top right corner.
Select the iOS device from the drop down menu to download iOS 9 Beta 3.
Extract the downloaded iOS 9 Beta 3 to get .ipsw file.
Complete step-by-step guide for installing iOS 9 Beta 3 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
Step 1: Connect your iOS device to Mac using USB cable and launch iTunes.
Step 2: Select the iOS device from the top corner and select the Summary tab in the iTunes.
Step 3: Hold down the Option key and click the Update button in iTunes
Step 4: Now select the .ipsw file from the extracted folder to install iOS 9 beta and click on the Open button.
Step 5: Now iTune may prompt that it will update your device with iOS 9 beta 3. Click OK to continue.
Step 6: Once the device reboots automatically, just swipe the 'Slide to upgrade' to complete the installation.
Step 7: Your device will reboot again and you will be greeted with the 'Hello' welcome screen. Swipe on the 'Slide to setup' and tap on Continue and follow the on-screen instructions to setup the device.
That's it, now you are all set to start use iOS device running iOS 9 beta 3.