TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
How to root Xiaomi Mi 4i with simple steps
Chinese smartphone maker, Xiaomi has recently launched its latest budget smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi 4i in India. The news smartphone packs an array of great features at a pocket-friendly price.
The Xiaomi Mi 4i is the company's first smartphone available in India that runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system along with MIUI user interface 6 on top.
The MIUI is considered among the best user interface on Android for many reasons. The interface features a great color combination, attractive fonts, gestures and animations.
The smartphone comes with plenty of setting and features that you can use, but you can only alter what the manufacturer allows you to do with smartphones. By rooting your smartphone, you can modify the devices software on the very deepest level. This tutorial will explain and guide you on how to the Xiaomi Mi 4i.
If you are used to install updates and flash the smartphones using command prompt in Windows PC, then this won't be any different for you. For beginners, read every single point and steps carefully before performing the rooting process on your handset.
Points to Remember
- Backup all the important data and additional files from the device before proceeding to installation.
- Ensure USB drivers of Xiaomi Mi 4i is installed on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on the smartphone. To do so, navigate to device Settings >> Additional Settings >> Developer Options >> USB Debugging and then tap to enable.
- Make sure the Mi 4i has at-least 60 percent of battery power to perform rooting access.
Complete Step-by-step instruction to gain root access.
Step 1: Download and extract Mi 4i Rooting Kit on your computer from the download link provided below.
Xiaomi Mi 4i Rooting Kit
Step 2: Connect your Xiaomi Mi 4i to the computer using USB cablet
Step 3: Now, Open rec.bat file from the Mi 4i rooting kit extracted folder.
Step 4: Once the Mi 4i rooting kit is launched, read the on-screen instruction and follow. Press 1 on your computer to begin the rooting process.
Step 5: Now the smartphone will start in fastboot mode.
Step 6: The rooting process will take up to 5 minutes and the smartphone will automatically restart.
Step 7: Now you will be able to see the SuperSU app in the app drawer, which confirms that your device is rooted successfully.
To crosscheck if your device is rooted or not, you can download and install the Root Checker app from the Google Play store to confirm the status.
Source: Android XDA