- 1 hr ago Flipkart Mobiles Bonanza Offers: Discounts On Budget Smartphones
- 8 hrs ago Alleged Poco F2 Spigen Case Leaks Online: Here’s What It Looks Like
- 11 hrs ago TRAI Floats New Consultation Paper On IUC And ITC: Here Are The Detail
- 11 hrs ago LG Foldable Smartphone Design Speculated; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Parineeti Chopra Drops Out Of Bhuj: The Pride Of India Due To Date Constraints
- News Maharashtra govt formation: Governor asks NCP to stake claim, sets 8.30 pm deadline
- Sports Hope hits a hundred as West Indies complete Afghanistan whitewash
- Lifestyle Coffee Drinkers Have 50% Less Risk Of Liver Cancer, Claims Study
- Travel 6 Silly And Common Mistakes Passengers Make At The Airport
- Automobiles Renault Triber Top Spec RxZ Variant Gets Bigger Wheels
- Finance Why Should You Stay Away From EMI-Like Gold Schemes Run By Jewellers?
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
How to Unlock Bootloader in LG G4
LG has launched its much awaited flagship model LG G4 in the Indian market. This device comes with a slight curve to the screen is meant to enhance the smartphone's durability and help it survive drops to the floor without shattering the screen.
Just recently LG has officially released the bootloader unlock tool for the G4. This tool will allow the owners of LG G4 to experimenter around with the bootloader. Once you unlock the smartphone, you can flash the latest custom recovery and install custom ROMs or simply root LG G4.
Interested users can go ahead and unlock the bootloader using this tutorial. Please note, unlocking the bootloader will void the warrant of the smartphone.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is highly technical. If the smartphone brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the smartphone. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk.]
Points to Remember
• This installation guide is only to unlock the bootloader on unlocked LG G4 with model number H815.
• Please do not try to install this custom recovery on any other variants of LG G4 or on any other device.
• Backup all the important data and additional files from the device, before proceeding to installation.
• LG PC Suite must be installed with full working ADB/ Fastboot before performing installation. Bootloader should be unlocked. Note: unlocking the bootloader will void your warranty.
We have put together a complete step-by-step instruction guide to install on how to unlock the bootloader on the LG G4. If you are used to unlock bootloader on any previous LG devices, then this should not be any different for you. For beginners, please read every single-line carefully and make sure you understand the tutorial before actually performing it on the smartphone.
Complete steps to unlock bootloader.
Step 1: Make sure the ADB/Fastboot is fully functioning on the Windows PC.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging mode on G4.
Step 3: Download Fastboot and extract it in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory in the Android SDK. Create directory if it does not exist.
Step 4: Enable OEM unlock on your phone. To enable OEM unlock, go to Device setting >> Developer Options and check Enable OEM unlock.
Step 5: Navigate android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
Step 6: Now enter into the Bootloader / Fastboot Mode on G4 by typing the following command in ADB.
adb reboot bootloader
Step 7: Get the Device ID by typing in the following command. The result will be similar to the format given below.
fastboot oem device-id
Step 8: Form a single line code from the one you received in command prompt. Remove "(bootloader)" from the sentence and also all the spaces so it looks something like this below.
Step 9: Step 10 - Visit LG Official Unlock Bootloader page. Scroll down till you see "Start Unlocking". Enter your LG account details or sign up for a new one.
Once logged in, it will ask you for your IMEI and Device ID. We have already got the Device ID in the previous steps, find the IMEI by entering *#06# into your dialer.
Step 10: Once you have entered and confirmed your Device ID and IMEI. An email will be dispatched with the "unlock.bin" file to your registered mail ID.
Step 11: With the unlock.bin file downloaded successfully from your email, enter the fastboot mode once again by typing: adb reboot bootloader
Step 12: Once in fastboot mode, type the following: (Make sure you are in the directory of your unlock.bin file)
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
Step 13: Reboot your phone manually after the flash has completed by typing
That's it! Now, your LG G4 bootloader is now unlocked. You can work around with the device and can install a custom recovery, a custom ROM or any system tweak you like.
Source: Team Android, LG