- 37 min ago Vivo Might Bring IQOO Phones To India Soon: Report
- 1 hr ago AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT GPU Review: Efficient And Sufficient For 1080p Gaming
- 1 hr ago Toreto Party 100 Wireless Speakers Review: Rich Audio, Karaoke Mic Make It Worthwhile
- 2 hrs ago Telecom Operators Seek Time To Pay AGR Liabilities
- Sports Ranji Trophy 2019-20: Bengal, Services secure wins on Day 3; Sarfaraz Ahmed, Siddhesh Lad hit centuries for Mumbai
- News Mayawati to address rallies for party candidates in Delhi poll from Feb 3
- Lifestyle Osteoporosis Diet For Women: Foods To Eat & Foods To Avoid
- Movies Kriti Sanon Wishes To Do A Horror Film Although She Is Not A Fan Of The Genre
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Finance How To Start Amul Ice Cream Parlor In India
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 To Android 5.1.1 With CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightly Custom ROM
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N9005) owners can now install Android 5.1.1 custom ROM on their devices. One of the well know custom ROM giants, Nightly, has released Android Lollipop ROM based on CyanogenMod 12.1.
The latest custom ROM by Nightly for the Galaxy Note 3 comes with tons of great features like Gesture Control, Lock Clock and Screen Density Changer. The custom ROM is fast, stable and smooth without any bugs so far.
As this is not an official release by Samsung, Galaxy Note 3 should be rooted and installed with the custom recovery look like ClockworkMod or TWRP. The custom recovery is required to flash the ROM and GApps to the phone.
This tutorial will guide you on how to install the Nightly custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005. If you are used to flash custom ROM on Android devices, than install on the Galaxy Note 3 is no different. But for beginners, do read all the points and steps-by-stem installation guide provided below, before installing the custom ROM on Galaxy Note 3.
Points to Remember
1. This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 bearing model number N9005. Installing this custom ROM on other variants of Galaxy Note 3 could brick the device.
2. Ensure your smartphone is unlocked and rooted with the custom recovery tool.
3. Backup all the important data, additional files, apps and settings of Galaxy Note 3. Installing the custom ROM completely wipe the memory of the smartphone.
4. Make sure the Note 3 has at-least 60 percent or above battery charge to avoid power off during the installation process.
5. Ensure Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 drivers are installed on the computer.
6. Enable USB Debugging in the smartphone. To enable USB Debugging go to Settings >> Developer Option and select Enable USB Debugging.
7. Download Nightly Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM and GApps to your computer, before starting the installation process, from the link given below.
Download Below Files
[Disclaimer: This procedure is highly technical. If the smartphone brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the smartphone. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk.]
Step-by-step Installation Guide
Step 1: Connect the smartphone to the computer and mount the Galaxy Note 3 USB memory using USB cable.
Step 2: Now copy and paste the zip files of Android 5.1.1 ROM and Google Apps, which downloaded earlier, to SD card. Make sure the files are copied to the SD card root and not in any folders.
Step 3: Switch off the Note 3 and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 4: Boot your Galaxy Note 3 to the recovery mode. To get in the recovery mode, switch on the smartphone by holding volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
Step 5: Once you are in the recovery mode, perform full data wipe by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset'.
Use the Volume keys to navigate and Power button to select in the recovery mode.
Step 6: Now perform cache wipe by selecting 'wipe cache partition'.
Step 7: Go back to the main menu of the recovery mode and perform dalvik cache wipe by selecting 'wipe dalvik cache' in the Advanced option. This step is optional, but it is recommended to perform dalvik cache, so that you will not get boot loops or any other errors while installing the custom ROM.
Step 8: Again go back to the main menu of the recovery mode and select 'install zip from SD card'.
Step 9: Now select 'choose zip from SD card'. Navigate to the Android 5.1.1 ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select the file. Confirm the installation on the next screen.
Installing custom ROM might take some time, wait until the installation completes and do not interpret the installation process.
Step 10: Repeat the step 8 and step 9 to install Google Apps to your phone.
Step 11: After installing both custom ROM and Google Apps. Now go back to the main menu of the recovery mode and reboot the smartphone by selecting 'reboot system now'.
Your Galaxy Note 3 will take about 5 minutes to boot for the first time with custom ROM installed in it. After the smartphone starts, complete recommended setups and verify the CM 12.1 Nightly Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM installed on your phone. To verify go to device Settings and scroll down and tap on About Phone to verify.
Source: Team Android