- Automobiles Husqvarna Svartpilen & Vitpilen 401 Expected To Launch In India This Month
- News Coronavirus outbreak: Telangana BJP slams TRS govt for not taking sufficient action against COVID-19
- Finance COVID-19 Could Wipe Off $4.1 Trillion From World's Economy, Warns ADB
- Sports Wimbledon chief fears 'no more tennis this year'
- Lifestyle Anasuya Bharadwaj Gives Ethnic Fashion Goals In A Dual-Toned Attire For Upcoming Festivals
- Movies Ram Gopal Varma On His Joke About Being COVID-19 Positive: 'I Tweeted Because I Was Getting Bored'
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In April
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
How To Update Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with BlissPop Custom ROM
BlissPop released the custom ROM for the international version of Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300) to upgrade the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system. The custom ROM is based on CyanogenMod 12.1 source and brings in a huge list of features and customisation options such as status bar, notification drawer, lockscreen drawer and much more.
Features of BlissPop Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Options in the status bar includes Clock and Date, Battery, SuperUser Indicator, Bluetooth, Brightness, Wi-Fi and Mobile Data icons, Notification and System setting icon, Network Traffic Monitor, Notification Count, Breathing Notifications effects and Bliss logo.
Display & Light
This includes Smart cover, LiveDisplay, Adaptive Brightness, Double Tap to Sleep, Daydream, DPI and Battery light.
This includes Status bar header, Custom Color Tile option, Tile Options, Quick & Smart Pulldown, SlimAction Tile, Auto Close Panel and Force Expanded Notifications.
This has Device lock, Block App Notifications, Disable Persistent Info and Priority App Notifications
AudioFX equalizer, Updated Lockscreen, Gesture Anywhere and CM12 Theme Engine.
The BlissPop ROM is a stable custom version, which provides a smooth and faster performance for the Samsung Galaxy S3. Here is an installation guide to experience the customised features of BlissPop ROM with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Galaxy S3 I9300.
Points to remember before installing BlissPop Custom ROM
1. BlissPop custom ROM with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop has to be installed on the international version of Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) housing Exynos chipset and 3G only.
2. The smartphone should be rooted with the latest recovery system and should have unlocked bootloader before installing the custom ROM
3. Backup all the data and additional files; Installing custom ROM clears the memory of the smartphone.
4. The Samsung Galaxy S3 should have atleast 80 percent of battery to avoid power off during the installation process.
5. Install Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) USB drivers on the computer.
6. Enable USB Debugging: To enable USB Debugging go to Settings >> Developer Options >> Enable USB Debugging.
A complete Step-by-step installation guide for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with Bliss Pop Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM.
Step 1: Download files: BlissPop Custom ROM and GApps (Google Apps) for Galaxy S3 to your computer
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy S3 to computer using USB cord.
Step 3: Copy the downloaded files (BlissPop Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.zip and Google Apps.zip) into the SD card root. (Note: Do not paste the downloaded files in phone memory or not inside any folder.)
Step 4: Switch off the smartphone and disconnect from the computer.
Step 5: Boot the phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding Power + Volume up + Power keys simultaneously.
Step 6: Clear the device memory in the recovery mode using 'wipe data/factory reset option. (Note: Use volume keys to navigate and power button to select, while operating in the recovery mode.)
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory of the device by choosing 'wipe cache partition'.
Step 8: Go back to recovery mode and select advance and choose 'wipe dalvik cache' to perform complete wipe.
Step 9: Again come back to main menu of recovery mode and tap on 'install zip from SD card'. Navigate to the SD card to select the downloaded file; BlissPop Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM. (Note: The installation process may take time, do not interrupt the installation process, wait for the installation process to be successfully completed.
Step 10: After installing the custom ROM, repeat the same process for GApps.
Step 11: After installing both zip files on the device, go back to the recovery mode main menu and re-start the smartphone by choosing the option 'reboot system now'.
The smartphone will take at least 5 minutes to boot for the first time with the custom ROM installed. Wait for some time. To verify the BlissPop Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM installed on Samsung Galaxy S3, go to Settings >> About phone.
[Note: This procedure is highly technical. If the smartphone brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the smartphone. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk.]