- WhatsApp Android beta gets Mute button in notifications; sticker packs coming soon
- WhatsApp ‘Mark as Read’ feature for notifications under testing
- WhatsApp begins labeling forwarded messages on Android platform
- 10 tips to combat fake news spread on WhatsApp
- WhatsApp to label forwarded messages to fight fake news
- 7 handy WhatsApp Web tips you should know
WhatsApp has climbed up the ranks in the instant messaging industry by transforming the way of non-verbal communication.
Followed by the launch of recent several innovative features, the Facebook-owned IM company has created massive buzz among the users.
See Also: 4 Easy Steps to Join a WhatsApp Group without Admin's Permission
In our series of numerous WhatsApp tricks, the latest addition is how to change your friend's whatsApp profile picture from your smartphone. Of course, you are wondering is this really possible? Well, it is. Here are the steps to do the same. Take a look!
Step 1. Download weird-looking/funny picture
From the web, download a picture you want to assign as your friend's WhatsApp profile pic. Open friend's WhatsApp profile picture in full-screen mode and then close it.
Step 2. Resize the Image
Now this step is very important. Open the downloaded image in an image editor and resize it to 561 x 561 pixels. Save the image.
Step 3. Rename The Picture
At this point, you have to rename the photo with your friend's WhatsApp number. Insert the country code before the phone number. For example, 91XXXXXXXXXX.
Step 4. Save The Image
Go to SD Card > WhatsApp > Profile Pictures. Overwrite existing file if prompted to.
Step 5. Go Back to WhatsApp
Finally Go back to WhatsApp and notice the change! That's all you have to do.