- 10 min ago NASA’s LRO To Flyby Chandrayaan-2 Landing Site; Could Locate Vikram Lander
- 31 min ago Apple Plans To Invest $1 Billion To Boost Local Manufacturing In India: Report
- 1 hr ago Xiaomi Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched For Rs. 11,999: Features, Specifications, And More
- 2 hrs ago Vivo Nex 3, Nex 3 5G Launched: Price, Specs, And Availability
- Lifestyle IIFA Rocks 2019: More Than His Outfit, Ali Fazal's Green Loafers Caught Our Attention
- News HSSC Clerk Exam 2019 postponed? Latest updates, link to download admit card
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Sports India Vs South Africa 2nd T20I in Mohali: Dream11 Prediction, Playing XI Updates & Fantasy Cricket Tips
- Movies Shiney Ahuja's Rape Case: Section 375 Writer Manish Gupta Shares Disturbing Details!
- Finance These Details Can Be Updated In Aadhaar Without Documentary Support
- Automobiles Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
5 Ways to Spot a Fake SMS
If you are an avid texter, then you're likely to come across SMSes where you are asked to click on a link to subscribe some free ringtone service or send some amount of money to a certain number.
All these are scams. As more and more people becoming victims of text message scams, mobile service providers have cautioned the users of such illicit activities. There are several ways to identify SMS as a scam.
Here at GIZBOT we have brought you 5 common signs of scam SMS.
Sign 1: Message from an 11-digit mobile number
A normal phone number consists of 10 digits. But if you receive a message where the sender's phone number has 11 digits, then it is likely to be a scam.
Sign 2: Involves Some Amount of Money
If an SMS asks you to send some money to any particular account, then beware as it can be a scam. Verify the sender first.
Sign 3: Send Message to Other Number
Often text message scams aim to extort money or load credits. In such cases, you might be asked to send an SMS with a message format to another mobile number for an alleged refund.
Sign 4: Winning Jackpot or Lottery
One of the very common SMS scams involves some sort of Jackpot or prize. Along with that, you might be asked to click on some link to claim the prize.
Sign 5: Asking for Donation from Government Departments
Government agencies and departments never ask for donations through text messages. If you have ever received such message, never response. It can be a scam.