- 17 min ago Amazon Huawei Week: Upto 20000 off, No EMI Cost, Exchange offer on smartphones
- 32 min ago OnePlus 7 Pro’s Zen Mode and Screen Recorder coming to older models
- 35 min ago Feature phone with three SIM support, reverse charging launched for 1,799
- 50 min ago Asus ZenFone Max M2 Android Pie update starts rolling out in batches
- Finance SEBI Allows Mutual Funds To Participate In Commodities Derivatives
- Movies Kajal Aggarwal Rubbishes The Hot Rumours That Have Been Doing The Rounds?
- Lifestyle Before Leaving Cannes Film Festival 2019, Diana Penty Gives Us A Textured Dress Goal
- News EC to meet today after Oppn demands verification of VVPAT slips
- Sports End of an era as Nicol David bows out
- Automobiles Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Here's the Reason Why WhatsApp Shows a Blurred Pic or Video
Wondering why pictures on WhatsApp appear blurred? WhatsApp creates thumbnails of each and every picture that is uploaded on to it.
Have you noticed that when using Whatsapp, when you receive a media file you tend to see a blurred image before downloading it? Or in another case, after deleting the image from your device, you still see a blurred image. Wondering why or how does it happen?
Let us discuss and see why WhatsApp shows a blurred pic or a video.
Basically, when a photo or a video is uploaded on WhatsApp and to the WhatsApp server, the app creates thumbnails of each and every picture that is uploaded on to it.
So, initially before sending the actual picture, it sends only these thumbnails to the receiver. These thumbnails are created using advanced image compression techniques and the size of the image may be reduced to 1 KB or less.
The thumbnails are then stored in your device's local storage irrespective of whether the receiver downloads it or not. As for the original picture, it is stored in the WhatsApp server. This is primarily the reason why a picture appears blurred with a text box indicating the size of the image before you download it.
Now after you download the image, the image gets saved in your device's local storage and is erased from the server. And the thumbnail and the image are hyperlinked. So when you touch the thumbnail of the picture, the actual picture pops up from the stored location.
That clears why an image looks blurred before downloading it. Now, let us look at what happens when you delete the actual image. Will you still see the blurred image?
The answer is yes.
So, you have deleted the picture from your storage using a file explorer or from your phone's gallery. By doing so, you are only deleting the original picture and not the thumbnail. So the thumbnail goes back to its original blurred state. Now when you try to open the thumbnail, it searches for the link in the local storage and when it does not find the original image, an error pops up saying "It doesn't exist in your local storage."
How to Delete the Blurred Images?
Now that you have an idea about why the pictures appear blurred on WhatsApp, you can also easily delete the thumbnail. Go to the chat section or the file folder, press on the thumbnail for some time and tap on the delete option. Once that is done the blurred image will be removed from your device.