- Dell India unveils new Alienware laptops, G series gaming notebooks and Inspiron AIOs
- 7 ways to make a noisy gaming PC silent
- iBall CompBook M500 laptop launched starting Rs. 16,999
- Dell introduces a new portfolio of slimmer, wide screen All-In-One desktops
- Amazon offers up to Rs. 20,000 off on best laptops for students: Dell, HP, Acer, Lenovo and more
- Apple to fix broken Butterfly keypads for free of cost on MacBooks and MacBook Pro
Imagine if you can work, watch movies, listen to songs, play CS games on your laptop, which doesn't have a battery!! Sounds impossible folks? Well, it's not that impossible.
You can easily run your laptop without using a battery with just a simple trick. Look below for more.
Normally laptops, be it a Windows or Macbook, are designed to operate on both battery and A/C (Alternative Current) adapters as a power source. So a laptop can efficiently work even if the battery is removed or dead. Hence, you can plug-in your laptop with A/C power.
But make sure you are using the original power adapter came with the laptop. Because power variations can cause serious damage to motherboard.
Running a laptop without a battery might look fascinating. It can save a major chunk of money for buying a new battery. But you need to keep few points in mind before using. Here are those:
Always use a UPS
If you stay in an area which has a problem of high-intensity electrical loads, always use a UPS. It is essential as you won't lose your work in the event of a power outage, and they act as a surge protector too.
Never Remove the Power Cord
You should never remove the power cord as it can damage laptop component and also your laptop will be force fully shut down.
Don't Leave the Charging Terminal Exposed
It is always better to use a battery not direct AC power as using a laptop without the battery leaves the charging terminals exposed on the bottom of the computer.
Don't touch the battery contacts when the laptop is plugged-in
Touching the battery pin slots while plugged-in is dangerous as it can cause a serious accident for the user.