TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Will Every Indian Get Rs 15 Lakh As Narendra Modi Promised?
- IPL Auction 2019 — The Final List of Teams And Players
- Saturn Is Losing Its Rings At Maximum Pace — NASA
- Mahindra XUV 300 Compact-SUV Now Official — Launch In February 2019
- Reliance In Talks With Saudi Arabia For Joint Petrochemicals Project
- Priyanka And Nick Get Romantic In This Unseen Picture!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- What Do The Bracelet Lines On The Palm Reveal?
The 'Face Unlock' feature has gradually become a key technology trend in the smartphone market. Started as a feature for high-end smartphones, the facial recognition technology is now making its way to mid-range and budget devices.
While some smartphone makers have introduced new variants with the security feature, others have started pushing OTA updates to enable the face unlock tech for the devices that already have the required hardware.
Face unlock comes to iVOOMI i1
iVOOMi, one of the most recent entrant in the Indian smartphone market has recently introduced the anniversary edition of its budget handset- iVoomi i1. The new smartphone- i1s come equipped with facial recognition technology and sports a 5.45-inch HD screen with 18:9 aspect ratio. The smartphone comes equipped with 13MP+2MP dual-lens rear camera that has the ability to create bokeh effect.
iVOOMi i1s also has one-touch fingerprint sensor at the back and comes with 3GB RAM+32GB ROM expandable up to 128GB. The device is backed by a 3,000mAh battery unit.
ALSO READ: iVOOMI i1 Review
Price and Availability
iVOOMI i1s is priced at Rs. 7,499 on Flipkart; however you can avail the Jio Football Offer of Rs.2200 instant cashback, which brings down the price to Rs. 5299. Moreover, iVOOMi is also providing two years of warranty on its flagship smartphones; i1, i1s, Me3 and Me3S, on purchases between 9th and 31st March 2018.
Follow these steps to enable Face Unlock feature on iVOOMI i1S
The facial recognition feature on iVoomi i1s uses the regular selfie camera, instead of an infrared depth-mapping sensor. The security feature is not as snappy as we have tested on some of the premium handsets; however it is quite accurate and unlocked the handset every time I tried it during my testing period.
If you have recently purchased iVOOMI i1s from Flipkart, you can also enable the face unlock feature by following these simple steps.
1) Open ‘Settings' menu in your smartphone
2) Tap Security & Password
3) Tap Face Unlock and input your PIN/Pattern if asks for
4) Tap Add face data
5) Align your face in the box
6) Tap finish
Post adding the face data, you will find that the ‘Face Unlock' button is enabled. Lock your smartphone with the power button and try unlocking it with the help of your face. Write to us if you face any issues.