TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Today, WhatsApp is undoubtedly the first choice of anyone when it comes to sharing media be it photos, videos, audio, location, contacts, or the recent additions such as GIFs, documents and PDF files.
Its easy-to-use UI makes this IM application popular among users. WhatsApp lets you auto-download media files to make your conversations smooth. But it becomes a major concern when you are roaming or have limited mobile data.
Android Trick: Stop Auto-Downloading Media
If you are an Android smartphone user and looking for ways to stop auto-downloading media files, all you need to do is-
Step 1. Go to 'Settings' of WhatsApp
Step 2. Here you'll find an option called 'Data Usage', click on it.
Step 3. This click will take you to another window, here you'll find Media Auto-Download option. Tap on it.
Step 4. Under Media Auto Download, you'll find three different options named as When Using Mobile Data, When Connected to WiFi, and When Roaming. All you have to do here is click on each option and uncheck all. At last click OK. That's all!
Windows Trick: Block Auto-Downloading Media Files
Being a Windows mobile user, the process of stopping WhatsApp from auto-download incoming media file is a bit short and easy. Here are the steps-
Step 1. Go to Settings> Chat and Calls. Click on it.
Step 2. Tap on Media Auto-Download here.
Step 3. You'll find 4 options, Images, Videos, Audio, and Documents. Once you click on each option, you'll find an option called 'Never' Click on it and it'll stop the auto-download of the media files.
iPhone Trick: Stop Saving Incoming Media
Unlike Android and Windows, iOS gives users the easiest way to stop WhatsApp from auto-downloading incoming media files. All you need to do is click on the Settings of WhatsApp> Click on Chats> Here you'll find an On/Off button beside Save Incoming Media. Just switch it off to stop auto-download.