TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
While announcing the JioPhone, the company announced that the feature phone will support the Facebook app. Now, after almost six months of its release, Jio has announced that the smart feature phone has officially got the support for the Facebook app. The support was rolled out today and lets the JioPhone users use Facebook on the device.
JioPhone has got a special version of Facebook that runs on Kai OS, which is a toned-down version of the Firefox OS. The company has claimed that this feature will take the social network to more number of users helping it reach the massive user base of feature phones in the country.
Optimized for JioPhone
This Facebook app on the JioPhone is similar to the Facebook Lite app. Jio claims that the new Facebook app on the feature phone will be optimized in a way that it can run smoothly on the handset, accommodate the cursor seen in the JioPhone, and fit in the small screen of the handset. Also, this app that is like Facebook Lite will occupy less than 1MB of space on the device.
Supports key features
The Facebook app for JioPhone supports key features of the social networking app such as push notifications, opening external links, and video playback as well. The user experience will be similar to how it is on the original Facebook app on smartphones except for a few differences.
How to install Facebook app on JioPhone
JioPhone users can download the Facebook app on their handset from the JioStore. You need to follow the steps given below to get the Facebook app on your smart feature phone.
- Visit the JioStore on your JioPhone.
- Choose the Social channel in the JioStore.
- Click on the Facebook app.
- Now, install it.
That's it. You can use the Facebook app on your JioPhone.
WhatsApp support is expected
Jio did reveal that it is working in order to bring WhatsApp support to the JioPhone. As the Facebook app is now available for the feature phone, we can soon expect a lite version of WhatsApp to also be rolled out for the handset. Besides these, the handset already offers support to a slew of Jio apps such as JioMusic, JioTV, etc. those are preloaded.