TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
When it comes to Android, accumulating lots of duplicate files including images, audio, video, document and other files causes your phone to slow down. In turn, it also occupies space and reduces the performance drastically.
Duplication of files can happen due to various reasons like file sharing through apps or Bluetooth, file downloading, data backup. It is important to delete the duplicate files from your system and that's what we are going to do today in this article.
Step 1: In order to delete the duplicate file, you need to download and install an app from Google Play Store called as "Duplicate Media Remover".
Step 2: Once the app is installed, open the app and it asks you to select the folder.
Step 3: After the above step, it will scan the folders in search of duplicate files.
Step 4: Once the scan is completed, you will get to see the duplicate files scanned out there.
Step 5: Now click on “Show Duplicates.”
Step 6: Select all the files and tap on the delete button on the top right.
If you are not satisfied with this app, you can also install 'Duplicate Files Fixer' from the Google Play Store. This app scans and removes all types of duplicate files on your Android device. Follow the below steps to delete storage.
Step 1: Download and install the app on your device.
Step 2: Tap on 'Let's Go' option upon which you need to grant permission for the Audio, Video, Pictures, and Document.
Step 3: Now tap on “Got It” to continue.
Step 4: Select the folder or rather select 'Full Scan' option to find the duplicate files.
Step 5: Once the scan is complete, you can see all the duplicate files residing in your phone's storage.
Step 6: Select them all and tap on delete option.
Apart from these apps, you can also try your hands on others including Duplicate File Finder-Remover, Search Duplicate File and Duplicate Manager.
SEE ALSO: How to keep your Instagram profile safe