- 3 hrs ago Xiaomi 13, iQOO 11 Launch Events Called Off After The Demise Of Chinese Leader Jiang Zemin
- 3 hrs ago Infinix Hot 20S Launched: Gaming Smartphone With Helio G96 SoC, 8GB RAM
- 4 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy M54 5G Spotted On Geekbench: More Powerful Than Galaxy M53 5G?
- 5 hrs ago Snapchat Launches Windows 11 App: How To Download And Use?
- Education UP NEET PG Extended Mop-Up Round 2022: Schedule Released At upneet.gov.in; Check Details Here
- News Integration of aircraft with INS Vikrant likely by June 2023: Navy Chief
- Finance Bank Locker Charges- Here are SBI, HDFC, PNB, ICICI, AXIS and Canara Bank’s Locker Charges?
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: FIFA to take action against Senegal for breaching rule, what will be the punishment?
- Lifestyle 5 Subtle Non-Verbal Signs That A Male Coworker Likes You
- Movies Did You Know Priyanka Chopra Was Scared Before She Walked Down The Aisle On Her Wedding Day With Nick Jonas?
- Automobiles Upcoming Electric Scooter, River EV Spied Testing – Newcomer Gearing Up To Dethrone Ola & Ather?
- Travel Most Popular Winter Sports In India You Can Try
How To Update Google Assistant On Jio Phone?
While smartphones are dominating the market today, feature phones have still grabbed a major share. Specifically, in the Indian market, feature phones are still popular amongst consumers. And it's the Reliance Jio Phone that tops all the charts when it comes to a budget feature phone in the country. Based on KaiOS, the affordable mobile phone offer several useful features that fall in line with modern days requirements.
Back in 2017, Jio Phone received one such important feature, i.e, the support for Google Assistant. It was the first feature phone to get this digital assistant support with all the functionalities that you would generally get on a smartphone. However, some recent changes announced by Google limits Jio Phone users from getting access to all the features offered by the voice Assistant.
Those of you who are unaware of the changes might already have started looking for ways to update the Google Assistant to resume all the services. In this article, we are sharing the steps with which you can update Google Assistant on Jio Phones and what all features would you get going forward.
How Can We Update Google Assistant On Jio Phone?
Just for reference, Google has not completely removed the Google Assistant services from the Jio Phone; but only has made some restrictions to the functionalities. You won't be able to give commands to make calls and send a text message. Both these features have been removed from Jio Phone's Google Assistant. So, what are all tasks you will be able to perform?
The Jio Phone users will only be able to perform the basic tasks using Google Assistant such as open an app or website and adjust the audio levels, etc. If the missing calling support is what led to look for the steps to update Jio Phone, then you should probably rest your search. However, if you still want to give it a try then follow the steps below:
Step 1: Look for the update directly from the device settings. Click on the "Settings" option for the same.
Step 2: Now, select the "Device" option.
Step 3: Click on the "Software Update" section. You can update the app if there is any new version available.
Steps Using Play Store:
Step 1: Open the web browser on your Jio Phone and search Google Play Store.
Step 2: Once the web pages load; go to the profile section and select the "Apps" option.
Step 3: Click on Google Assistant and update the app if there is any option available.
We would like to reiterate that calling and messaging support has been removed from Jio Phone's Google Assistant. Therefore, you will only get to use limited functions. Updating the app will not be a solution to this issue. It is currently not known why Google removed these features from Jio Phone's Google Assistant.
It is also not known if the company will be releasing the calling and messaging shortcuts in the future and if any additional features will be removed as well. Nevertheless, we expect the next-gen Jio Phone to be loaded with all the basic and high-end features which you would normally get on Android and iOS devices.