TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Scribe Murder Case: Gurmeet Ram Rahim, 3 Others Get Life Imprisonment
- India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: Preview
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
Earlier this year, Google has rolled out Family Link app for parents to manage children's usage of Android devices. This is more like an adult's account but with more ground rules such as controlling the installation of the app and usage time for kids.
Usage of this app is easier and works on any modern Android device running 4.4 or higher, or on iOS 9 or higher. The list of devices to run Family Link app is huge when it comes to Android 7.0 Nougat and limited on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
When it comes to usage
Manage the apps your child can use - Approve or block the apps your child wants to download from the Google Play store.
Keep an eye on screen time - See how much time your child spends on their favorite apps with weekly or monthly activity reports, and set daily screen time limits.
Set device bedtime - Remotely lock devices when it’s time for bed, or time to take a break.
Step 1: Download the Family Link app onto your mobile device and then create a Google Account for your kid through the app.
Step 2: This app can only manage Google accounts for kids under 13. When your kid turns 13, they will have the option to graduate to normal Google Account.
Step 3: Apart from the above-mentioned information, you can also create a family group up to six people, but then you'd become the family manager.