- 3 min ago Honor 20i First Impression: Premium Design And Capable Triple Rear Cameras
- 33 min ago MediaTek Launches Kent CamEye Car Security Camera: Here Are The Details
- 1 hr ago Week 24, 2019 Launch Roundup: From 8K Television To The Xiaomi Mi Band 4
- 1 hr ago JBL Live 500BT Buetooth Wireless Headphones Review
- News 'Jungle-raj' prevailing in UP, Akhilesh asks state govt to wake up
- Finance Govt To Introduce Single Smart Card To Travel In Any Metro In India
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Movies Allu Arjun Had Once Tendered An Apology To Mahesh Babu For This Reason?
- Sports India hold 6-0 record over Pakistan in World Cup. Can they maintain streak?
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Lifestyle Fabulous Hairstyle Ideas For Women To Try This Monsoon
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
8 tips to stay safe while you purchase online
In this article, we have compiled a list of things you need to remember before doing online transactions.
The online transaction has become popular these days with the rise in online shopping. Millions of people across the globe shops online, making millions of transactions. Even though there are safeguards in place, the Internet is always susceptible to new threats, as there are lots of cyber hackers circling around all these transactions to snap off a chunk of cash.
Lots of fraud activities are on the rise and it's our responsibility to take care of ourselves. In this article, we have compiled a list of things you need to remember before doing online transactions.
Avoid cyber cafe
Don't do any kind of transactions in Cyber cafe, that involves lots of money. Also, remember this when you are about to it on a shared Wifi or other places. There are possibilities that your financial details will be compromised.
Lookout for 's' in https
All online transactions should take place on a website whose address begins with: https://. In this case, the "s" means the site is secure. If you are not seeing this, don't ever make any transactions.
Remember to log out
Once you are done with accessing your shopping or banking accounts, always remember to log out and close your browser. Also, click on never, when your computer prompts for saving username and passcode for shopping and banking sites.
It is good to keep up-to-date antivirus and firewall security programs on your computer. Make sure to scan your computer frequently and make sure your firewall is turned on before shopping online, paying bills, or accessing your bank accounts.
Do not use the same username and passcode for all of your accounts. Also, try to choose a strong password filled with the combination of numbers, symbols, and lowercase/uppercase letters. Try to change the password once in a month.
Prefer debit cards
Always try to use prepaid debit cards for your online shopping transactions, rather than credit cards.
Always try to use a reputable third-party payment service for online transactions whenever possible. These sites provide secure transactions and dispute resolution services.
Use virtual keyboard
Since the physical keyboard can be compromised by a keylogger software, always make use of virtual keyboards which are provided at the time of transaction when entering your personal information, during an online transaction.