Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Jio Infocomm is finally announcing its much awaited 4G LTE services in India on December 27. However, the services will be restricted to the Reliance employees and their family.
Reports online suggests that Reliance has invited its employees for a lunch event on Dec 27, where the company will be introducing 4G LTE to its employees. The launch will also mark the 83th birth anniversary of Reliance Industries founder chairman Dhirubhai Ambani.
Reliance Jio Infocomm is the Reliance Group's telecom subsidiary that has pan-India licenses to provide 4G LTE services across the country. The company has been working on the services for long, and has not yet announced it for public. Now that the company is opening the services for its employees, it is expected that the services will be made commercial in Q2, 2016.
Here we give you details of the company's upcoming 4G services and devices, as reported by sources.
1. Reliance Jio has for long been working on creating a ecosystem for its 4G network to ensure that users are not short of either devices or service. The company will be announcing its 4G service with smartphones and software developed specially to support the 4G ecosystem.
2. As per previous reports, Jio will be announcing the upcoming service with 4G VoLTE smartphones priced between Rs 4,000 and Rs 25,000. These smartphones will be aunched under a new brand called LYT and include series that go by element names including 'Earth', 'Water', 'Wind' and 'Fire'.
3. The 4G VoLTE devices will be made available via multi-brand stores including Reliance Retail. Also, the company will most likely sell these devices via e-commerce platforms such as Flipkart, Snapdeal and Amazon.
4. Reliance has worked on apps and services optimized for its 4G network. The company's services are meant to work well with the faster network.
5. Reliance Jio 4G network announcement will include VoLTE services, to provide support voice calling service on the 4G network. Essentially, this will allow users to access Internet and related services over 4G LTE network, and automatically switch network back to 3G or 2G network for making voice calls. The company had been testing the services for quite some time now.
6. At this event, Jio is believed to distribute about 5Lac free SIM cards to its employees and affiliates.
7. The company is likely to roll its 4G service for commercial use in the Q2, 2016, that is between April and June 2016. The services will be launched across nine cities in the first phase. These cities include Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Baroda, Indore, Jaipur and Jamnagar.