- 8 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy A22 Renders Leaked; Design, Triple Cameras Tipped
- 8 hrs ago How To Upgrade BSNL Broadband Plan Via SelfCare Portal
- 9 hrs ago Realme 8 Pro Gets New Illuminating Yellow Color Variant; First Sale Slated For April 26
- 10 hrs ago Infinix Hot 10S, Hot 10S NFC With Helio G80 SoC, 90Hz HD+ Display Announced; Price, Features
- News From UK to UAE, list of countries that have suspended flights from India amid COVID-19 surge
- Movies Composer Shravan Rathod Of Nadeem-Shravan Fame Passes Away After Battling COVID-19
- Sports IPL 2021, RCB vs RR: Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation, Highlights
- Finance HDFC and ICICI Pension Fund's Equity Fund Top In NPS Return Chart
- Automobiles DAO Vidyut 106, Vidyut 108 & ZOR 405 Slow-Speed Electric Scooters Launched In India
- Education Tips To Improve And Strengthen Logical Reasoning Skills
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In April 2021
- Lifestyle Ramadan 2021: Gauahar Khan’s Embroidered Blue Lucknowi Kurti Is All You Need To Ace Festive Look
MSI Launches AMD-Powered Alpha 15, Alpha 17 Gaming Laptops; Should You Buy?
MSI has officially announced two new gaming laptops -- the MSI Alpha 15 and the Alpha 17 or as the company likes to call them -- all-AMD gaming laptops. These are the first laptops from the company based on the AMD CPU and AMD GPU based on 7nm fabrication, making them much power efficient than the Intel and NVIDIA counterpart.
The only major difference between these two laptops is the display size. Both models come with a 1080p resolution IPS panel with a 144Hz refresh rate and AMD FreeSync Premium technology. Even with the difference in screen size, both laptops pack a 6-Cell, Li-ion, 65Whr battery, hence the 15-inch model is likely to deliver slightly better battery life.
MSI Alpha 15, Alpha 17 Specifications
The MSI Alpha 15 and the MSI Alpha 17 are available in multiple SKUs and the top of the tier model will be based on the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H processor which also powers the ASUS TUF A15 that we reviewed recently. The graphics are handled by the AMD Radeon RX 5600M dedicated GPU with 6GB video memory.
Both models offer two NVMe SSD slots based on PCIe Gen3 along with support for up to 64GB DDR4 RAM with up to 3200MHz. These laptops offer SteelSeries/ Silver-Lining Print gaming keyboard with per-key RGB support. In terms of connectivity, these laptops support Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) powered by an Intel modem with Gigabit Ethernet.
Coming to the audio experience, the laptops offer a 2x2W speaker setup with Hi-Res audio along with Hi-Res audio technology. The Alpha 15 weighs 2.4KG, whereas the Alpha 17 is 200 grams heavier than the 15-inch model.
Pricing And Availability
As of now, there is no information on the pricing or the availability of the MSI Alpha 15 and the Alpha 17 in India. Considering the specs sheet, the base variant of the Alpha 15 is likely to be priced below $1000.
|Model Name||Alpha 15 A4DE / A4DEK||Alpha 17 A4DE / A4DEK|
|Processor||Up to AMD Ryzen 7 4800H processor||Up to AMD Ryzen 7 4800H processor|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Home|
|Chipset||Integrated SoC||Integrated SoC|
|Memory||DDR4-3200, 2 Slots, up to 64GB||DDR4-3200, 2 Slots, up to 64GB|
|Display||15.6-inch Full HD (1920x1080), 144 Hz Refresh Rate||17.3-inch Full HD (1920x1080), 144 Hz Refresh Rate|
|Graphics||Latest AMD Radeon RX 5600M 6GB GDDR6||Latest AMD Radeon RX 5600M 6GB GDDR6|
|Storage Slots||2 x M.2 SSD Slots by NVMe PCIe Gen3||2 x M.2 SSD Slots by NVMe PCIe Gen3|
|Keyboard||Gaming Keyboard by SteelSeries / Silver-Lining Print (for A4DE)||Gaming Keyboard by SteelSeries / Silver-Lining Print (for A4DE)|
|Audio||2x 2W speakers||2x 2W speakers|
|USB Ports||1x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C / 3x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A||1x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C / 3x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A|
|Video Output||1x Mini DisplayPort 1.2 / 1x HDMI (4K@60Hz)||1x Mini DisplayPort 1.2 / 1x HDMI (4K@60Hz)|
|LAN/Wi-Fi||Gigabit Ethernet + Intel Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)||Gigabit Ethernet + Intel Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)|
|Webcam||HD type (30fps@720p)||HD type (30fps@720p)|
|Battery||6-Cell, Li-lon, 65Whr||6-Cell, Li-lon, 65Whr|
|Dimension||357.7 (W) x 248 (D) x 26.9 (H) mm / 2.4 KG||398.5 (W) x 272 (D) x 28 (H) mm / 2.6 KG|