TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
Panasonic has announced the launch of an updated version of its Toughbook 20 rugged 2-in-1 lightweight laptop. The company had introduced the original Toughbook CF-20 back in 2015, and the laptop made its way to the Indian market in the following year. Interestingly, the updated Toughbook still has the same 10.1-inch display in a convertible tablet form factor. That being said, Panasonic has made a few under the hood upgrades.
To start with, the Panasonic Toughbook 20 rugged 2-in-1 is powered by an Intel Core i5-7Y57 vPro processor with a Turbo Boost of up to 3.3GHz. The chipset is coupled with an Intel 615 HD graphics card. In the memory department, the laptop offers either 6GB or 8GB RAM and 256GB of SSD storage, which can be further expanded up to 512GB.
There is another variant of the laptop which comes equipped with an Intel Core M5-6Y57 vPro processor with Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz and an Intel 515 HD graphics card. This model features 128GB SSD storage.
Panasonic claims to have included a 'bridge battery' in the Toughbook 20 so that users can swap batteries without having to turn off the laptop. Furthermore, there is an optional second battery that can be inserted into the keyboard to extend the battery life twice as much(up to 17 hours).
On the software front, the latest Toughbook 20 arrives pre-installed with Windows 10 Pro OS. Though the Intel Core m5-6Y57 powered variant of the laptop also offers Windows 7 Professional as an option.
Besides all these, the new Toughbook 20 model comes with an integrated digitizer in addition to a touchscreen, an infrared webcam, and an 8MP rear camera.
Talking about other features, the updated Toughbook 20 comes with 4G LTE connectivity with eSIM technology as it is designed specially for environments like field services, utilities, oil and gas, transportation and logistics, healthcare, insurance, public safety, and defense. This is why it also features MIL-STD-810G rating as well as IP65 certified for dust and water resistance.
The Toughbook 20 is already available for purchase via authorized Panasonic resellers at an estimated starting price of around $3,099 (approximately Rs. 1,99,100).