TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
RIM and Porsche Design have together launched the BlackBerry Porsche Design P'9981, a luxury smartphone in India. RIM is famous for its range of business smartphones and the PlayBook tablet. The Canadian company has combined with the sports brand, Porsche Design to make the new phone. The handset was released in many other countries and has finally made its way to India.
The P'9981 has powerful hardware under its hood. It has a Qualcomm MSM8655 SoC processor of 1.2 GHz speed. The handset has a 768 MB RAM and 8 GB memory capacity that can be expanded to 32 GB via a micro SD card slot.
The smartphone sports a 2.8 inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 640 x 360 pixels. The back of device has a 5 MP camera that can record 720p high definition videos. The phone has an optical trackpad and a QWERTY keypad with 35 keys that are backlit.
The Porsche P'9981 connectivity features like 3G and dual band Wi-Fi 802.11n. It is powered by the BlackBerry OS 7.0 which can be upgradable to version 7.1. Being a luxury phone, the handset is priced at Rs 1,39 lakh in India. This amount is several times costlier than most of the high end smartphones available in India.
If you are aware of the current position of RIM, you will certainly feel it is the wrong time for the brand to come up with a luxury smartphone. The company is not doing well and there are several job cuts. RIM has also cut down the price of several smartphones and even stopped selling the 16 GB version of the PlayBook.