TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Shivakumara Swamiji No More — CM Declares Holiday
- India's Richest Got Richer By 39% In 2018 While The Poorest Saw Just 3% Rise
- WhatsApp Limits Message-Forwarding To Five Chats
- URI Enters 100 Crore Club; To Be Remade In Three Languages
- 2019 Yamaha FZ & FZ-S V3.0 Models Launched In India
- MS Dhoni Has A Chance To Break This Sachin Tendulkar Record In New Zealand
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- Madhuri Dixit Nene Has A Pretty Humble Office Wear Idea For Us
RIM and Porsche Design have together launched the BlackBerry Porsche Design P'9981, a luxury smartphone in India. RIM is famous for its range of business smartphones and the PlayBook tablet. The Canadian company has combined with the sports brand, Porsche Design to make the new phone. The handset was released in many other countries and has finally made its way to India.
The P'9981 has powerful hardware under its hood. It has a Qualcomm MSM8655 SoC processor of 1.2 GHz speed. The handset has a 768 MB RAM and 8 GB memory capacity that can be expanded to 32 GB via a micro SD card slot.
The smartphone sports a 2.8 inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 640 x 360 pixels. The back of device has a 5 MP camera that can record 720p high definition videos. The phone has an optical trackpad and a QWERTY keypad with 35 keys that are backlit.
The Porsche P'9981 connectivity features like 3G and dual band Wi-Fi 802.11n. It is powered by the BlackBerry OS 7.0 which can be upgradable to version 7.1. Being a luxury phone, the handset is priced at Rs 1,39 lakh in India. This amount is several times costlier than most of the high end smartphones available in India.
If you are aware of the current position of RIM, you will certainly feel it is the wrong time for the brand to come up with a luxury smartphone. The company is not doing well and there are several job cuts. RIM has also cut down the price of several smartphones and even stopped selling the 16 GB version of the PlayBook.