TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 3 Terrorists, Including Jaish Commander, Killed In Pulwama Encounter
- Tesla Dog Mode — Working Explained In Video
- FA Cup — Manchester United Knocks Out Chelsea
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- How To Check If Your PAN Is Linked To Aadhaar
- Kamalpur — The Long-Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Tiger Shroff On Dating Disha Patani — Koffee With Karan 6
- Four Signs That You Have Been To Heaven
Celkon, the Indian based mobile phone brand has launched a couple Android smartphones – Celkon A95 and Celkon A97. Both these smartphone belong to the low cost Android smartphone category. These will be the new rivals to the low cost smartphones that are launched by the other Indian manufacturers like Micromax and Spice.
Coming to the specifications of these phones, they are based on Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system. Both are powered by a 1 GHz processor and have Mediatek chipsets. The phones have an expandable memory of 32 GB and Bluetooth, Wi-fi and 3G connectivity features.
The A97 is a rival top Spice Stellar 4 inch smartphone that is based on Snapdragon processor. The Spice Stellar is available for a price of Rs 9,999 while the Celkon A97 is available for Rs 8,499. The A95 priced at Rs 5,299 is a competitor for the Micromax A52 that is priced at Rs 5,699.
Celkon has about eight new smartphones that are awaiting their launch in the country, claims a company official. The managing director of Celkon claims that the company is selling over 5 lakh devices a month and is aiming to sell over 10 million units in the current financial year. Celkon is also planning to launch a low cost tablet for Rs 4,500. The tablet will be launched in a couple of months, he added.
Its good to see more low cost devices in the market. But, we have heard of enough cheap device launches. Unfortunately, not all them have hit the market. Lets hope that Celkon launches the low cost tablet successfully without any delay.