TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Celkon, the Indian based mobile phone brand has launched a couple Android smartphones – Celkon A95 and Celkon A97. Both these smartphone belong to the low cost Android smartphone category. These will be the new rivals to the low cost smartphones that are launched by the other Indian manufacturers like Micromax and Spice.
Coming to the specifications of these phones, they are based on Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system. Both are powered by a 1 GHz processor and have Mediatek chipsets. The phones have an expandable memory of 32 GB and Bluetooth, Wi-fi and 3G connectivity features.
The A97 is a rival top Spice Stellar 4 inch smartphone that is based on Snapdragon processor. The Spice Stellar is available for a price of Rs 9,999 while the Celkon A97 is available for Rs 8,499. The A95 priced at Rs 5,299 is a competitor for the Micromax A52 that is priced at Rs 5,699.
Celkon has about eight new smartphones that are awaiting their launch in the country, claims a company official. The managing director of Celkon claims that the company is selling over 5 lakh devices a month and is aiming to sell over 10 million units in the current financial year. Celkon is also planning to launch a low cost tablet for Rs 4,500. The tablet will be launched in a couple of months, he added.
Its good to see more low cost devices in the market. But, we have heard of enough cheap device launches. Unfortunately, not all them have hit the market. Lets hope that Celkon launches the low cost tablet successfully without any delay.