- Worldwide tablet and PC shipments will fall by 2.1% in 2018
- Alleged Xiaomi Mi Note 5 specs and price leak; May 31 launch likely
- Redmi 5A flash sale at 12 pm: Everything you need to know
- Xiaomi MIUI 10: Closed beta testing debuts, Android P-like gesture support and more
- Redmi Note 5 Pro 8.1 Oreo update: Gesture support, Dual VoLte and More
- Xiaomi Mi 8 full specifications leak: Snapdragon 845, 6GB RAM and more
Xiaomi is wasting no time when it comes to launching new smartphones. The Apple of the East has recently unveiled the Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus - the updated versions of its previous flagship, the Mi 5. And from what appears from the rumours, it's already prepping to launch another smartphone which goes by the moniker, Xiaomi Meri.
Earlier, it was mistaken to be a variant of the Mi 5 series, possibly Mi 5c, with mid-range specifications of sorts. However, it is now believed to be the Xiaomi Meri with no changes in terms of specifications.
Here's a list of features to expect from what could be the Xiaomi's mid-range offering, the Xiaomi Meri.
5.1 or 5.5-inch Full HD display
Earlier, what's being called as the Xiaomi Meri was expected to feature a 5.1-inch display. However, according to the latest rumours, it is expected to sport a 5.5-inch Full HD display.
3GB of RAM
Octa-core CPU clocked at 1.4GHz
Though the chipset under the hood wasn't listed, according to the rumour mill, the smartphone will be powered by an octa-core CPU clocked at 1.4GHz.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box
If rumours are anything to go by, the Xiaomi Meri will run Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box with the company's custom MIUI on top of it.
No under the glass fingerprint scanner
Don't expect the Xiaomi Meri to feature an under the glass fingerprint scanner similar to the one seen on the recently launched Xiaomi Mi 5s. Owing to its mid-range specs, it's safe to expect a standard fingerprint scanner.