- 2 hrs ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 4 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- 5 hrs ago OnePlus 7 Vs OnePlus 7 Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- 14 hrs ago Airtel Upgrades 4G Network In J&K: Here Are The Details
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: The Kapil Sharma Show Witnesses A Jump; Guddan Tumse Na Ho Payega Enters!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: India vs Pakistan: Live Score: Kohli and band seek important win
- News Bihar: 84 children die within 2 weeks due to acute Encephalitis in Muzaffarpur
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Apple iPhone 8 Rumours Are Getting Really Interesting: Here’s Everything We Know So Far
Apple fans have high expectations for the iPhone 8, and if rumours are to be believed true, the company may match, if not surpass, the expectations.
The year 2017 marks the 10th anniversary of the Apple iPhone, and for obvious reasons, the Cupertino-based tech giant is expected to celebrate the occasion in a grand way.
Despite the fact that the next iPhone is still months away from being officially launched, several rumours, rather interesting ones have been doing rounds on the internet.
From a radical design change to 3D dual lens camera setup to wireless charging technology, the iPhone 8 is rumoured to pack all the features you'd want on an iPhone and more.
Here's everything we know so far based on the rumours that have surfaced online in the past.
Not two but three different-sized variants
In addition to the existing 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch variants, a new 5.8-inch variant is rumoured to join the iPhone family next year. Furthermore, according to Ming-Chi Kuo - a famous and reliable (for the most part) Apple analyst, the 5.8-inch variant will be most likely called the Apple iPhone 8 with the standard 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch variants being labelled as the iPhone 7s and iPhone 7s Plus respectively.
Apple to experiment with OLED display panels
One rumour that has been in the news for a long time is the inclusion of OLED display panel. Apple has been long rumoured to make a switch from LCD panels to OLED displays, and this may finally happen with the Apple iPhone 8. This transition will allow Apple to launch thinner devices which offer a better display with more true-to-life colours and consume less power.
Having said that, the iPhone 7s and 7s Plus may still come with LCD panels.
Curved glass bezel-less display, no home button
Apple Chief Design Officer, Jony Ive had stressed several times on his intentions to introduce an iPhone that looks "like a single sheet of glass", and with the iPhone 8, it may be just possible.
The upcoming iPhone is rumoured to sport an almost bezel-less display with curved glass design (both front and back) as seen on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. What this essentially means is that the iPhone will have no top, bottom, or side bezels with the display dominating the entire front of the device.
Sensors like the Touch ID (home button) and the selfie camera will also be embedded in the display itself, the rumours suggest.
3D Dual-lens camera setup
The latest rumour that has been making headlines of late is the inclusion of LG's Innotek 3D dual lens camera setup. It is speculated that Apple is already studying how to integrate its dual camera setup with LG's Innotek 3D smartphone camera. Also, Apple had recently acquired an Israeli startup called LinX which works on 3D imaging.
It'd be interesting to see how the company will implement this technology. But certainly, it appears as if the iPhone 8's camera would be way ahead of the ones on its arch rivals - Google's Pixel and Samsung Galaxy S8.
Wireless charging most likely
Another feature that has been on the cards for a long time is the support for wireless charging. However, with the rumours suggesting that Apple will adopt an all-glass design similar to the iPhone 4's design, the feature may finally see the light of the day.
Reportedly, as opposed to the Aluminium body, glass design will allow for a smoother wireless charging process.