TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Phethai Updates — Storm To Make Landfall In Andhra By Afternoon; 22 Trains Cancelled
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- Virat Kohli Second-Fastest To 25 Test Hundreds; Surpasses Tendulkar
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- 10 Best Websites To Watch Bollywood Movies Online
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Red Carpet Pictures
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
- 2018 Survey Reveals The Most Dangerous Countries For Women
Apple unveiled its latest iPhone X at its newly created Steve Jobs Theater at the Apple Park Campus in Cupertino, California. The device had created a lot of hype even before Apple dropped some big hints that more or less confirmed its development.
Apple unveiled the iPhone X on September 12, 2017, alongside iPhone 8 and 8 Plus. This is the biggest launch from Apple since its first device came out. The iPhone X is the most advanced and most sophisticated smartphone from Apple so far. Apple has priced it at $1000 (approx. Rs. 66,000) and the pre-order for the device will begin in October.
Here are all the latest features that the iPhone X offers to buyers.
OLED edge-to-edge display: iPhone X offers an OLED true tone retina display. This makes the device the very first smartphone from Apple with the feature. True Tone retina display changes the colors emitted by the display according to the ambiance of the user.
It also has an edge-to-edge or bezel less display. There is no bezel around the screen at all. iPhone X is the only smartphone with a complete bezel less front panel.
Smartphones from Samsung and even Essential have some amount of bezel around the display but it is not the case with Apple's iPhone X.
Vertical dual lenses and improved camera: The vertical dual lenses on the iPhone X are not only different in position as compared to iPhone 7 Plus but they have also been upgraded for a better performance. The iPhone X has image stabilization for both the cameras.
Users also get additional options in portrait mode where in they may choose from various portrait styles.
Face ID: One of the most talked about feature of the iPhone X is the face recognition technology that unlocks the device. The facial recognition on iPhone X is very different from the technology used by Samsung. The face ID feature on iPhone X also works in the dark and the technology adjusts to slow changes that the human face undergoes over time such as the growth of beard on the face.
Gestures replace the home button: The iPhone X has no home button. It also lacks fingerprint sensor or any sort of physical tactile button. The device uses gestures to replace the functions performed by the home button on previous iPhones or iPhone 8.
There is also a very small bar at the bottom of the screen which allows users to jump to the home screen. Here is how the gestures work on iPhone X.
- To bring up the control panel users need to pull down the control panel from the right top corner.
- To pull out the notification center users need to pull it down from the left top corner of the device.
- To jump to home screen users need to swipe the bottom bar from below to up.
Wireless charging: The iPhone X supports wireless charging. Apple has incorporated the feature first time on any of its smartphones. Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus also have the feature.
The iPhone X can change the face of smartphone technology and introduce some really useful and future proof innovation. It is one of the finest smartphones that one can get their hands on. The device will soon be available for purchase in India as well.