TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Shivakumara Swamiji No More — CM Declares Holiday
- India's Richest Got Richer By 39% In 2018 While The Poorest Saw Just 3% Rise
- WhatsApp Limits Message-Forwarding To Five Chats
- URI Enters 100 Crore Club; To Be Remade In Three Languages
- 2019 Yamaha FZ & FZ-S V3.0 Models Launched In India
- MS Dhoni Has A Chance To Break This Sachin Tendulkar Record In New Zealand
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- Madhuri Dixit Nene Has A Pretty Humble Office Wear Idea For Us
Google has finally started to roll out Android Nougat 7.1.1 update for several devices including Pixel, Pixel XL, and various Nexus devices starting today. The Nexus devices will now include a similar feature like that of Google Pixel smartphones.
The newly introduced Android 7.1.1 update is available for a few models including Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 9, Pixel, Pixel XL, Nexus Player, Pixel C and General Mobile 4G.
However, according to reports, the final version of Android Nougat 7.1.1 update will be rolled out over-the-air for the devices that are enrolled in the Android Beta Program.
Months back, Google Pixel and Pixel XL devices were launched in India with Android Nougat 7.1 version, due to which the smartphones didn't support VoLTE and hence wasn't compatible to use Reliance Jio network, which seemed to be a big drawback based on the popularization of the new entrant Reliance Jio.
However, keeping that in mind, the newly updated Android Nougat 7.1.1 now back the Pixel devices with VoLTE support, which means that the phones can work well with Reliance Jio and other VoLTE based networks available worldwide.
Along with making the devices VoLTE enable, Android 7.1.1 Nougat update is also said to bring about several new emojis with regards to female characters, like the male emojis that the company had rolled out a few months back, and has been made available for all the Android Nougat devices.
Not only this, the new update has also brought about the option to send GIF videos directly from the keyboard on supported apps including Google Allo, Google Messenger and Hangouts, and more such Google apps.
The Android 7.1.1 Nougat update also makes it easy to create app shortcuts directly from home screen, just by long pressing on the app icon that they are required to create a shortcut option.