- 1 hr ago Samsung Galaxy M14 5G Renders, Color Options Leaked: India Launch Imminent
- 2 hrs ago India Budget 2023: Homegrown Smartphones, TVs, Electric Vehicles to Get Cheaper
- 2 hrs ago Apex Legends Mobile and Battlefield Mobile Shutting Down in May
- 3 hrs ago How Dell Technologies' Hardware and Services Help Small Businesses and Start-ups Stay Ahead of the Game
- Lifestyle Masaba Gupta’s Fitness Mantra Is All About Consistency: 5 Tips!
- Finance Top 6 PSU Bank Stocks That Witnessed Steep Decline
- Movies Poorna Shines Like An Angel With Gold Ornaments At Her Grand Baby Shower Event - PICS Go Viral!
- Sports India batter Shreyas Iyer ruled out of the First Test against Australia: Who Will Replace Him?
- News How PAN will be used as common ID for businesses
- Education GATE 2023: Exam will be held on Feburary 4; Check Details Here
- Automobiles 2023 KTM 390 Adventure Revealed - Gets Spoked Wheels & Tubed Tyres
- Travel Amazing New Restaurants in Bangalore to visit this year
HTC One S9: 10 Things to know about the new warrior
Smartphone market is highly competitive in all segments, be it the lower-end or mid-range or premium category. Considering the fierce competition, HTC has now launched a new mid-range smartphone offering, dubbed One S9, to take on its rivals in this price segment. The One S9 has been announced a few weeks after the company took the wraps off its latest flagship HTC 10, which comes without the 'One' moniker!
The newbie has an essence of the last year's One M9 which was launched as the company's premium smartphone, but it is priced lower. With the One S9, the company brings back its iconic premium metal design that we also saw on the HTC One M9.
Here we bring to you 10 things that you must know about the HTC One S9 smartphone. Take a look:
The HTC One S9 seems to be a mellowed down variant of the last year's One M9 smartphone, with a few of its features and specs less capable than the M9. Considering that it has ‘One' in its name and resembles the One M9, the One S9 phone does not seem to belong to the newly launched flagship 10's category.
The HTC One S9 is essentially the company's upper mid-range smartphone offering that brings the design element of flagship smartphone but features slightly toned down specs, unlike the company's last year's flag bearer. It has a similar premium metal unibody design with curved edges and sides. One feature with which the S9 phone differentiates itself from the M9 is a set of two front-firing speakers.
The One S9 flaunts a 5-inch Full HD display offering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution, similar to the one on the One M9 smartphone. It is topped with Corning Gorilla Glass for protection from daily wear and tear, and accidental damages.
The One S9 sports a MediaTek Helio X10 system chip, which is a less powerful chipset than the top-grade chipset in the market. The M9, on the other hand, is powered by Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 with Adreno 430 GPU.
The One S9 comes with 2GB of RAM with 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded using microSD card.
HTC One S9 features a 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 lens and optical image stabilization (OIS). Up front, there is an UltraPixel camera with large, 2-micron pixel, which should result in better images in low-light situations. The One M9 featured a 20MP and 4UltraPixel camera setup.
In terms of software, the One S9 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HTC Sense on top, which brings HTC's customizations and extra features on board.
To power the device, there is a 2840mAh battery that can last for a day of use, claims the company.
The HTC One S9 supports 4G LTE, Wi-fi, Bluetooth, GPS and other standard connectivity options for upper mid-range smartphones.
The phone has been announced in Germany and Europe So far, though HTC has not provided any official details about this phone's India availability. Until the company confirms, it is hard to tell when the phone will get released in India. As far as its pricing is concerned, the HTC One S9 has been priced at €500 (approximately Rs 37,600).