- News Petrol price jumps Rs 1.59/ltr, diesel Rs 1.31/ltr after Saudi attacks
- Automobiles Traffic Fines In Bangalore Reduced: State Government Announces Revised Fines Under New MVA
- Sports Lampard trusts in Tomori to prove Premier League credentials at Chelsea
- Movies Samantha Akkineni Opens Up About Her Relationship With Naga Chaitanya’s First Wife
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, And Other Best And Worst Dressed Celebs Of This Week
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Lenovo K6 Power to Launch on November 29: Can it compete with Xiaomi Redmi Note 3?
Lenovo Vibe K6 Power with a massive 4,000mAh battery scheduled to launch on November 29.
Lenovo, the Chinese tech giant has recently teased an upcoming 'K' series smartphone on twitter. Now, the company has sent out press invites which read "Witness the Kickass launch of Lenovo K6 Power" indicating that it was referring to the same smartphone earlier. The launch event is scheduled on November 29 in New Delhi.
The company had already showcased the device at IFA Berlin earlier this year alongside two other smartphones called the Lenovo K6 and K6 Note. The Lenovo K6 Power is a mid-range device which directly competes with the likes of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
Let's take a look at how both the smartphones stack up against each other.
Design and display
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 features an all-metal unibody design - which, for what it's worth, is not bad by any means. On the other hand, the Lenovo Vibe K6 Power also features a full metal unibody design with Lenovo's typical design language.
In terms of display, both the smartphones come with Full HD resolution. However, the K6 Power has higher pixel density owing to its smaller footprint (5-inch display) in comparison to the 5.5-inch display on the Redmi Note 3.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is slightly ahead in terms of hardware
At the heart of the Vibe K6 Power, is a Snapdragon 430 chipset as opposed to the Snapdragon 650 chipset on the Redmi Note 3. Both the smartphones come in two variants - 2GB of RAM and 16GB storage space and 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage space.
The Redmi Note 3 is backed by a 4,050mAh battery whereas the Lenovo's offering will come with a 4,000mAh battery. So, both the smartphones should easily offer a day's worth of battery on single charge.
Lenovo K6 Power has a lead on the software side of things
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 runs MIUI 7 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop out-of-the-box. The Lenovo K6 Power, on the other hand, runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box.
Pricing and verdict
Xiaomi has priced the Redmi Note 3 aggressively at Rs. 9,999 and Rs. 11,999 for 2GB + 16GB and 3GB + 32GB variants respectively. Although the company hasn't revealed any pricing details, the Vibe K6 Power is expected to be priced similarly around Rs. 10,000.
Both the smartphones are not much different if seen from the hardware's point of view. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 still has a better processor, though. Eventually, it all boils down to software optimisation and performance.