- Meizu 16 with Snapdragon 845 CPU to launch on August 26
- Top Tech News of the Week 24th - 30th June, 2018 Weekly Round Up
- Meizu plans to take on the Mi 8 SE with its ambitious X8
- Meizu M6 listed on Amazon for Rs. 7,699
- Meizu 6T with a dual camera setup launched for Rs 8,000
- Meizu M8c with 18:9 aspect ratio display officially launched for Rs 11,000
Meizu has been working on a new smartphone and it will be touted as the upgrade to their Meizu Pro 6. However, there were some rumors earlier stating that there will be a Meizu Pro 7 with the dual-edge display, but now it seems like the company is keeping that device for next year.
We believe that the images are to be considered as the early prototype of the smartphone. Here's what the leaked images suggest.
A Relatively New Mediatek MT6796 SoC
The leaked images show that the smartphone will be powered by a new Mediatek SoC bearing a model number MT6796. Going by the chipset's model number, it won't match with either MediaTek Helio X20 or X25. So, it will be a new chipset and we believe that it will be an octa-core chipset.
4GB of RAM and 64GB of Storage
A 'Full HD' Display
Going by the leaked images and earlier speculations, the smartphone might come with a 1080p display and will be available in only one variant.
Flyme OS 6.0
This was confirmed from an earlier leak. Meizu is internally testing the Flyme OS 6.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat on the Meizu Pro 6s. So, we expect that the smartphone will come with Flyme OS 6.0.