- OnePlus 6 will receive software update until 2020 and security updates until 2021
- OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T now support Face Unlock
- OnePlus 3, 3T, 5 and 5T receive new OxygenOS open beta update; Here's what new
- OnePlus 3T gets Airtel VoLTE support in India with new OxygenOS update
- OnePlus 3 and 3T start receiving OxygenOS 5.0.1 OTA update
- OnePlus 3 and 3T also get face unlock feature with OxygenOS 5.0 update
OnePlus brought its second smartphone the OnePlus 2 and the mid-ranger OnePlus X last year. There is not only speculation surrounding the next flagship killer - OnePlus 3, but there have also been reports that the company is working on a smaller version of OnePlus 2. Read more about the OnePlus 2 Mini.
Looking at the future, OnePlus is expected to unveil its flagship-killing smartphone in the near future. Here are the five features we would love to see on the OnePlus 3, take a look at the slider below.
One of the most anticipated and clearly missing features from the OnePlus 2 is the NFC. Considering the flagship-killing, the mobile payment system such as Android Pay rely on NFC and we expect that the company to come up NFC connectivity in the next flagship.
The OnePlus One and the OnePlus 2 are both on general sale now, but, we would love to see the OnePlus 2 on sale without mention of invites.
OnePlus One came with CyanogenMod, that can be delightfully customiziable with the tools and features provided in the OS. Although, the Oxygen OS, in the OnePlus 2 and OnePlus X isn't that bad, but it offered the same level of customization option as the CyanogenMod. We expect, OnePlus 3 to have a appreciable and clean stock look of Oxygen OS.
The OnePlus 3 is expected to come with an improvement on the OnePlus 2's 13 megapixel camera along with the optical image stabilization on board.
In addition to the fast charging, wireless charger would be a game changer. If the OnePlus 3 comes with wireless charging support, than it will be the first device by the company with such features.