- OnePlus to ditch Dash Charge in favor of Wrap Charge: report
- OnePlus 6 Red will be available in India from today for Rs 37,999 on Amazon Prime Day
- OnePlus 6 256GB variant in Midnight Black color available offline today
- Gallery app update brings OnePlus 6 video editing features to older models
- OnePlus 6 Midnight Black with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage up for sale
- OnePlus 6T concept: In-display fingerprint sensor, pop-up selfie camera and more
Just after the launch of OnePlus 3 in June, the CEO of the company said that they would be focusing only on releasing one phone for each year same as the Apple. At the same time, he said there wouldn't be an upgrade to last year's OnePlus X.
According to latest rumors, it is to be believed that the Chinese company is working on a new smartphone, which might be dubbed as OnePlus 3s or OnePlus 3 Plus with upgraded internals and change in the display panel. Let' see why OnePlus is considering to improve the powerful OnePlus 3 along with what can we expect.
Shortage of AMOLED Panels
The OnePlus 3 came with a 5.5-inch AMOLED panel, which is a 1080p panel. There are several incidents in the US, where the company failed to deliver even ordered smartphone due to the lack of units.
Now, OnePlus is considering to pack the 1080p panel, but now it will be an LCD panel.
It is also said that the OnePlus 3s or OnePlus 3 Plus will feature the latest and powerful flagship chipset- Snapdragon 821. Moreover, the company is vying to include mammoth 8GB of RAM.
Dubbed as 'OnePlus 3s/ OnePlus 3 Plus'
As said earlier, the upcoming smartphone will be called as either OnePlus 3s or OnePlus 3 Plus. As of now, there is no info regarding the same.