- 2 hrs ago Motorola G8 Renders Surface Online: Punch-Hole Display, Triple-Rear Cameras Tipped
- 3 hrs ago What Is AGR And Why Is It Bad For Vodafone-Idea And Airtel
- 3 hrs ago NASA Ropes In Axiom Space To Develop Habitable Space Station
- 3 hrs ago Portronics Launches Power Bun Universal USB Charging Hub In India At Rs. 799
- Sports My Team11 launches 'Hockey Fantasy', adds another major Indian sport to its fantasy gaming portfolio
- News SC seeks Centre's response on plea for relocating Gir lions to Madhya Pradesh
- Movies Jr NTR's Film With Trivikram Srinivas Finally Gets A Title?
- Lifestyle LFW 2020: Here's What You Can Expect From Amit Aggarwal's Summer Resort Grand Finale Collection
- Automobiles BharatBenz BS-VI Trucks & Buses Revealed With New Connectivity Tech
- Finance 5 Best NRE FD Accounts for NRI’s
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Samsung Z2 to Launch in India on August 23: Here's what we know about the upcoming Tizen smartphone
Samsung is all set to launch the Samsung Z2 in India, a Tizen-OS based smartphone which will be the successor to the last year's Samsung Z1. It is worth considering that Samsung has already launched the Samsung Z3 late last year, but going through the leaked specifications of the Samsung Z2, it will be an upgrade to Samsung Z1.
At the launch of Samsung Z3, the South Korean giant admitted that there is no point in releasing the Samsung Z2 with minor upgrades and apparently the company launched the Samsung Z3 with much-improved specs and upgraded Tizen OS version.
However, Samsung is now reversing their decision and planning to launch the Samsung Z2 in India on August 23 as we received a press invite from the company for the same.
Last week, we covered the promotional video of the smartphone. Having said that, the Samsung Z2 has been appeared online several times which apparently confirmed the complete specifications of the smartphone. Check out the sliders below to know more about the specifications of the Samsung Z2.
The same 4-inch display as Samsung Z1
Considering it as an upgrade, Samsung might add the same display as seen on the Samsung Z1. The Samsung Z2 will arrive with a 4-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 480*800 pixels.
Quad-core processor along with 1GB of RAM
The Samsung Z2 is said to arrive with a quad-core chipset clocked at 1.5GHz, along with 1GB of RAM. There are no specifications leaked about which chipset will Samsung use to power the Z2.
The Samsung Z1 arrived with a dual-core Spreadtrum SC7727S processor clocked at 1.2GHz. Samsung might use some upgraded Spreadtrum chipset to power the Samsung Z2.
A 5MP rear camera and VGA front-facing camera
The camera department might also see an upgrade when compared to Samsung Z1 as it arrived with a 3.15MP rear camera and Samsung is planning to pack a 5MP rear camera on the Z2.
The front facing camera will be the same 0.3MP VGA camera as seen on the Samsung Z1.
Upgrade to Tizen-OS
The Samsung Z3 arrived with many changes to the Tizen OS and the device also justified the Samsung's intention to develop on a new smartphone OS.
The Z2 will be the third smartphone to arrive with Tizen OS and the company might be releasing the smartphone with a new version of Tizen OS. .
The Samsung Z1 arrived with a 1,500mAh battery, whereas the Samsung Z3 packed a relatively bigger 2,600mAh battery. Samsung might upgrade the battery capacity in the Samsung Z2 something around the 2000mAh battery.
Release date and pricing
Samsung has sent out media invites for a smartphone launch to be held in New Delhi, where the company is expected to unveil the Samsung Z2. The smartphone will be immediately available for purchase, which was the case with other Tizen OS smartphones when they were released.
In terms of pricing, the Samsung Z1 launched in India at Rs. 5,700 and is now available for around Rs. 3,700. We expect the pricing of the Z2 will be something around Rs. 6000 price bracket.
The launch is scheduled for less than 24 hours from now. Stay tuned to GizBot as we bring the details from the launch event regarding the smartphone.