TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Will Every Indian Get Rs 15 Lakh As Narendra Modi Promised?
- IPL Auction 2019 — The Final List of Teams And Players
- Saturn Is Losing Its Rings At Maximum Pace — NASA
- Mahindra XUV 300 Compact-SUV Now Official — Launch In February 2019
- Reliance In Talks With Saudi Arabia For Joint Petrochemicals Project
- Priyanka And Nick Get Romantic In This Unseen Picture!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- What Do The Bracelet Lines On The Palm Reveal?
Today, Google has made the Android One program official in India at a Delhi-based event. At the ongoing event, the well known Google leader - Sundar Pichai is the one who is explaining about the first of its kind devices under Android One program.
Participants like Micromax, Karbonn and Spice are the ones that will be bragging about their devices under the framework of Android One initiative. And apparently, these devices would be a potential competitors against the recently launched Firefox phones. But as far as the pricing of the Android One device is concerned it would not be as cheap as the ones powered by Firefox OS.
The arrival of Android One is big news for India, if not the world. And with the clock ticking, Google has already launched the first set of Android One based smartphones in India around Rs. 6,399. As you may already know by now, Google has partnered with three local OEMs in India - Micromax, Karbonn and Spice to make the new initiative a possibility.
The devices which are unveiled at the event comprise of Spice Android One Dream UNO Mi-498, Karbonn Sparkle V Red and Micromax Canvas A1.
Regarding the Spice Android One Dream UNO Mi-498, the handset's specs and price were accidentally listed just a day ago online but was removed soon.
You can also check out the live blogging here to catch up with the Google Android One event.