- 54 min ago Samsung Galaxy M30, Galaxy M20, Galaxy M10 Available At Rs. 1,000 Discount On Amazon
- 3 hrs ago Apple To Ditch OLED Panels In favor Of MicroLED With 2020 Apple Watch: Report
- 4 hrs ago Realme X vs OPPO K3: Which One You Should Buy
- 4 hrs ago Vivo Y90 Renders Reveal Design, Specifications Ahead of Launch
- Movies B-Town Rejoices Successful Launch Of Chandrayaan 2; Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar Congratulate ISRO
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Haryana Steelers defeat Puneri Paltan as Anup Kumar's coaching debut begins with a loss
- News Not one girl born in 16 villages in six months in Uttarkashi; CM orders probe
- Automobiles Chandrayaan-2 Is Launched Successfully While Polaris Pays Tribute To The Original Lunar Rover
- Lifestyle Up In The Air! Chandrayaan 2, Things To Know About India's Second Trip To The Moon
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
HTC Windows Phone 8X and 8S Smartphones Coming to India Next Week: The Biggest Threat to Nokia Lumia 920
After the global release of their new WP8 lineup, HTC seems to be all set to release new smartphones into the Indian market, As recently, the Taiwanese tech giant announced that One X+ will make its way to the country during Diwali.
Further, the Facebook Page of the manufacturer claims that HTC is planning to launch its Fall/Winter 2012 Collection devices with the photo of Windows Phone 8 based HTC 8X smartphone.
HTC 8X and 8S Specifications
Dimension & Weight: HTC 8X carries a dimension of 132.35 x 66.2 x 10.12 mm and weighs in at 130 grams and HTC 8S boasts a dimension of 120.5 x 63 x 10.28 mm weighs around 113 grams.
Display: In this segment, HTC 8X houses a 4.3 inch Super LCD 2 HD capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and 8S houses a 4 inch Super LCD 2 capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels.
Further, both the displays are protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
Operating System: In this segment, both 8X and 8S are powered by the upcoming Windows Phone 8 OS.
Processor: In this segment, 8X and 8S are equipped with a dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor with 1.5GHz and 1GHz clock speed respectively.
Camera: On the camera optics front, 8X has an 8MP rear camera and front facing 2.1MP camera for video calling and 8S has a 5MP rear camera and a VGA front camera.
Storage: While 8X has 16 GB internal memory 8S has 4GB internal storage. However, both handsets have 512MB RAM and lack micro SD card slot for additional storage.
Connectivity: On the connectivity front, 8X and 8S also has NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and micro USB 2.0 features.
Battery: 8X is loaded with a 1,800 mAh Li-Po battery and 8S is powered by a 1,700 mAh Li-Po battery.
More smartphone specifications.....
As of now, there is no official confirmation regarding the pricing of these new HTC smartphones in India.
Can HTC 8X Outshine Nokia Lumia 920?
When it comes to the smartphone arena, sometime back, HTC was considered a faint player when compared to the other tech giants including Apple, Samsung, Nokia and others.
However, the Taiwanese handset has now marked a prominent position for itself with the launch of several advanced smartphones including One X, One S, Desire X, One X+, 8X and 8S based on Android and Windows Phone platforms.
Lately, Nokia also launched a couple of Windows Phone 8 handsets - Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 that are based on the latest incarnation of the Microsoft platform - Windows Phone 8. Moreover, Nokia is also planning to release the Windows Phone 8 based Lumia 920 in November.
Though Nokia Lumia 920 comes with advanced features like wireless charging and glove-friendly touchscreen display, the HTC offering with a better display, lightweight profile, better front camera and Beats Audio integration has evidently has all the potential to pose a big threat to Nokia's flagship smartphone.
Consequently, here's a poll for you on the same.