TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Lok Sabha Elections 2019 LIVE — 'Surgical Strike' On Poverty, Assures Rahul Gandhi
- IPL: Match 5: DC Vs CSK — Live Updates
- What Is Rahul Gandhi's NYAY Scheme For The Poor?
- India's Chandrayaan 2 To Carry NASA's Laser Instrument To Moon
- INRacing — India’s First Homogeneous Racing Simulator; A Must-Try For Motorsport Fanatics!
- Badrinath- An Ode To Pilgrimages And Spectacular Natural Splendour
- PeeCee Lets Her Hair Down With Nick In Miami!
- What Is West Nile Fever?
iOS 6 Golden Master Jailbroken Ahead of iPhone 5 Release
iOS6 Golden Master build recently released by Apple has been hacked by iPhone Dev Team. The team is has released new versions of Redsn0w for Mac and Windows which will allow developers to test their jailbreak apps with the new software.
The Redsn0w dev4 version includes all the betas along with Golden Master seed. The team has informed that there are several issues that need to be fixed with Cydia and with fundamental modules like Preferenceloader. Therefore the new release can only be counted as a developer only version.
Although developer friendly version of Golden Master has been released, a public jailbreak for iOS is not around the corner. The hackers will require a considerable amount of time to test their mods on new generation hardware. The list of hardware waiting to be tested upon includes iPhone 5 and the 5th generation iPod Touch. The 3rd generation Apple TV and iPad have not received untethered jailbreaks on iOS5 either. So it looks like quite a work for the iPhone Dev Team.
Untethered jailbreaks have almost ceased in recent times since Apple has tightened up security to prevent hackers from exploiting the loopholes in the operating system. While Apple does not claim iOS to be fault-proof, it certainly continues to be one of the most secure operating system out there.
More updates and releases are expected from the iPhone Dev Team as iOS6 will be released for the public on September 19. iOS6 will be compatible with most devices released by Apple post 2009. iPhone5 will be available two days after the public release of iOS 6.