- 7 min ago JioFiber Effect: Hathway Launches Rs. 699 Broadband Plan But There's A Catch
- 1 hr ago Oppo A1k, Oppo F11 Price Cut In India; Get Up To Rs. 2,000 Off
- 3 hrs ago Samsung Experience Centre Opera House Gets New IoT Zone On Its First Anniversary
- 3 hrs ago Ambrane Launches WH-83 Wireless Headphones For Rs. 1,199 In India
- Movies Did Shahid Kapoor's Wife Mira Rajput Just Stir Up Controversy? Netizens Call Out Her Double Standard
- News JNUSU Election Results 2019: Left front bags all 4 central panel posts
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 95: U Mumba Vs UP Yoddha: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Automobiles Renault Kwid Facelift Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Lifestyle Vidya Balan's Shakuntala Devi Poster Look Is About Red Floral Sari And A Bob Hairdo
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Martian Notifier Review: Where Style Meets Functionality
The smartwatch category still has a long road ahead of it. Sure it has seen a lot of action in the last few months with most big names in the company arriving with their own iteration of smartwatches, but we are still in the nascent stages of this industry.
But in its brief time in the industry, the category has indeed seen a lot of buzz. And although it still has more to deliver in the coming months in terms of features and functionalities, we have to say that it's somewhat a decent start.
One of the main factors to have driven this market in recent times is the style factor (since that "sells" well). Personally, that's kind of dumb since it should be the technology factor and not some style statement that should be leading the charge. But the Indian market works in mysterious ways.
However, since the style factor cannot necessarily be kept out of the equation, and technology being an important part of it, we have to say the the new Martian Notifier hasn't done too badly. Well, for starters, it does what it's meant to do, while also keeping a certain style aesthetic at the front.
The Martian Notifier smartwatch is not really the kind to voice command watch gadgets that we are so used to seeing from Martian. However, the company has aimed at keeping things as simple as possible, and has hence come out with a device that looks to maintain the best of both worlds.
We recently spent time with the Notifier to check out what's on offer with the smartwatch. And there are a few things that you should be knowing about the new wearable, we feel. Hence here's a full review of the the Martian Notifier.
Martian Notifier Review: Form Factor and Design
From the looks of things, you could easily pass off the new Notifier as a normal watch, since it looks so much like one. In fact, the designing is something that you are certain to take to heart, especially when you could easily mistake it for a costly Rolex.
Taking a step up from delivering the same old 1.5-inch square beeping screens, the Martian Notifier offers a more traditional 1.7-inch round analog watch face. The wearable watch face, in fact, is capable of running for up to two years via its own separate standard watch battery.
Looking down at the bottom of the wearable, you will find a miniscule 96 x 16 pixel monochrome OLED. And on the left to it, slightly upwards, you have your color notification LED offering. The device, for the sake of interested buyers, has more of a masculine look. But you could carry it off as something that primarily falls under the unisex tag.
The Notifier comes a bit chunky than the regular standard watches that you see everyday. With a depth of about 12.7mm, the smartwatch offers a comfortable silicone strap which also comes with colorful variations. In fact, the user friendliness allows you to fit in any standard 22mm watch band, but that's a subject of massive experimentation before you finally get the look that you want.
Weighing in at just 52g (which is again a standard when comparing with most normal watches around), you will find a pull out button on the right side of it that you have to rotate to set time. The wearable's hidden flap conceals its Micro USB port, and due to the fact that it's so deeply seated, it could be a issue for some.
Also, on the left side there are two button to keep the smart aspect of the device alive and kicking. There's the "select" button at the bottom that scrolls through the different options, while the top "command" button is to launch your phone's respective voice service.
The Notifier unit we have with us is a black variant, while there are also red and white variants of it that offer a slightly different style of watch face. So you could swap, swap and swap more to find the right style that fits you.