TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Markets Live: Sensex Down As Election Leads Trickle In
- Nokia 8.1 Launched In India For Rs. 26,999
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 — Full Accessories List
- Isha Ambani's Wedding: Beyonce, SRK & Aamir Steal The Show!
- December New Moon Lucky For These Signs
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
Along with Spice and Karbonn today, even Micromax has unveiled its first smartphone - the Canvas A1 under Google's Android One initiative. The smartphone is priced at Rs. 6,399 very much the same as the ones announced by the other two manufacturers.
Micromax will be selling it exclusively via online retail partner Amazon starting today itself. The phone will also be available in brick and mortar stores starting October.
As far as the specs are concerned, the Micromax Canvas A1 smartphone boasts a 4.5-inch display offering an FWVGA resolution of 854×480 pixels.
It is powered by a 1.3GHz MediaTek quad-core processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. It runs on the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Moreover, Google has also promised that these smartphones will be some of the first smartphones to get the Android L update.
The efficiently priced Canvas A1 also sports a 5-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front-facing snapper to take images and make video calls as well or even take selfies.
It houses 4GB of internal storage which can be further enhanced with a microSD card. Connectivity options include dual-SIM card slots, 3G connectivity, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth. The Canvas A1 is fueled by a 1,700mAh battery.
Making the already impressive smartphone even better, Google has also inked a deal with telecom service provider Airtel to offer buyers with special data plans. Under the agreement, Airtel will provide a free download of OTA updates, and 200MB per month worth of app downloads from Google Play for the first six months.
You can click here to know in detail about the Android One initiative from Google.
Stay tuned for more updates!