The budget segment of the smartphone market has seen an unprecedented growth ever since the introduction of Motorola's Moto E in 2014. The release of the Micromax Unite 2 so did influence this growth in a very positive way.
Today, the domestic handset maker has announced it will be updating the device to the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop software.
Starting next week, the firm will be rolling out Android 5.0 Lollipop update for the Unite 2. The update will be rolled out over the air (OTA) and users should be receiving a notification about the update. Since the roll-out process will be carried out in phases, it will take some time for the update to reach all the regions in the world.
The Indian smartphone maker says it shipped 1.5 million units of the Unite 2 since its launch last year, selling 3 units per minute. The company also revealed that the Unite 2 is one of the top 5 bestselling mobile phone in the Indian handset industry.
Micromax Unite 2 - Specs
Micromax originally launched the Unite 2 as a rival to the Moto E. The device was originally launched in India at Rs 6,999, but now it can be purchased for under Rs. 6,000 via online shopping sites.
• 4.7 inch IPS display (800 x 480) pixels
• 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor
• 1GB RAM
• Android 5.0 Lollipop
• 4GB of native storage storage, expandable by 32GB with a microSD card
• 5MP rear-facing camera with a LED flash and 2MP front-facing shooter
• 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS for connectivity
• 2000 mAh battery
• Grey, white, green and red colour options