Last year, the Samsung Note 7 made many headlines and all for the wrong reasons. Samsung was forced to discontinue its flagship phablet within a few months of the launch after it exploded.
Now, Korea Herald reports that a Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone has exploded in South Korea. According to the publication, a 20-year-old woman had left the device for charging on August 14, and around 3 AM it burst into flames. This freaky incident caused severe burns on the user's hands. In addition, the flooring and furniture of her bedroom suffered damages as well.
The user said that she had been using the Samsung charger out of the box with the Galaxy S7. The woman had been using the smartphone from July last year and she faced no problem with it earlier. After her Galaxy S7 exploded, she gave the phone to the service center. She got her phone repaired within a couple of days.
However, to know what went wrong, she handed the Galaxy S7 to the Korean Agency for Technology and Standards (KATS). An official from KATS said it would take a while for completing the investigation process. To give you some insight, the probe on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 lasted for almost 6 months.
Speaking on the matter, a Samsung representative said this is the first time the Galaxy S7 has met with such an incident.
As you may recall, the Samsung Galaxy S7 packs a non-removable Li-Ion 3000mAh battery. So we don't think the size of the battery unit should have been a problem.