TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
According to the portal, Samsung has already started working on the Android 8.0 Oreo update and it will be rolled out in the beginning of 2018. However, the portal doesn't reveal any additional information. As such, neither the release date for the update nor the timeline for particular devices is given. In any case, the Galaxy Note 8, as well as the Galaxy S8 duo, are the first in line to get the Oreo update.
Last year also, Samsung updated its flagship smartphones around the same timeline. Unfortunately, Samsung has made no progress when it comes to sending out OS updates on time. It is pretty frustrating for users as well, who will have to wait for months to get the taste of Oreo.
Currently, other than Google Pixel phones, Sony's Xperia XZ1 and Xperia XZ1 Compact run on the latest iteration of Android. Even Sony's Xperia XZ Premium smartphone has already started receiving the Oreo update. There are rumors suggesting that HTC will start pushing out Android 8.0 Oreo update to its flagships sometime between November to early December.
Despite being a tech giant, Samsung, on the other hand, is taking much more time for the Oreo update. Anyway, the Oreo update will bring a slew of new features including the picture-in-picture mode, modified notification visuals, Always-on display (already available on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy S8 duo), and auto-fill. In addition, there will be many performance and security improvements.