TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
Apple is expected to launch three iPhone models in fall this year. Apart from that, speculations are rife that the company is prepping the launch of the second generation iPhone SE as well. Unofficially dubbed as iPhone SE 2, the phone, however, has not appeared in many leaks. And Apple has not given any hints yet that confirms the existence of the device.
Ming-Chi Kuo, the KGI Securities analyst who has a good track record of sharing information about iPhones, recently expressed its doubt on rumors about the iPhone SE 2 getting launched in the H2 2018. According to him, Apple doesn't have enough resources to build another iPhone, as it is already planning to launch three iPhones later this year. Interestingly, Kuo is back with another note that state things a bit differently.
The analyst believes that even though Apple is currently dedicated to the iPhone X development, the company could still push its efforts to launch a new iPhone SE model as a cheaper option for customers. Kuo has also made some predictions about the phone's specs and feature. He notes that the iPhone SE 2 will not come with any form factor changes. This means, the device would retain a similar design as the original iPhone SE.
Kuo further claims, in order to keep the price down, Apple will include high-end features like 3D facial recognition technology and wireless charging support in the iPhone SE 2. This directly contradicts with the recent DigiTimes report that stated the successor of iPhone SE would carry the support for wireless charging.
Moving on, Kuo thinks the new iPhone SE model is expected to be the part of Apple's roadmap this year with cheaper components but a slightly upgraded processor. Notably, the device is likely to run on iOS 12.
As mentioned earlier, it is believed Apple will launch three iPhones in the coming September. As per Kuo, there will be a direct successor of iPhone X with a 5.8-inch OLED display, a 6.5-inch OLED model dubbed as iPhone X Plus, and a cheaper 6.1-inch LCD model. He also said that the OLED models will feature 4GB of RAM, whereas the LCD variant will come with only 3GB of RAM.