- 31 min ago Redmi K20 poster confirms pop-up selfie camera and colors
- 1 hr ago Redmi K20 spotted on Geekbench with 6 GB RAM and Android 9 Pie OS
- 1 hr ago Xiaomi Black Shark 2 India launch: Watch the live stream here
- 1 hr ago Samsung Galaxy A50 receives a massive price cut: Now available for Rs 18,490
- Sports 'Expected' - Lyon on England fans' reaction to Warner and Smith
- Movies Maharshi Worldwide Box Office Collections 18 Days: Mahesh Babu Movie Enjoys Another Decent Weekend
- News All restrictions lifted as normalcy returns to Kashmir
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Outstanding From The Final Two Days?
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Automobiles Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Apple iPhone X's making cost is about just Rs. 23,200
iPhone 8 Plus's making cost is around $288 (approx. Rs. 18,700).
People started anticipating for the 10th anniversary edition of iPhones from months before its official launch. In September, Apple unveiled the iPhone X alongside iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
The iPhone X went on sale through various channels across the world from November 3 onwards. Despite the high price tag it carries, the smartphone is selling like hot cakes. Talking about the pricing, Apple's latest flagship is priced at Rs. 89,000 for the 64GB variant. In the US though, the Apple iPhone X is retailed at a lower price; $999 (approx. Rs. 64,600).
Now the question is, is the iPhone X worth its price? There is no doubt that the handset comes with some pretty impressive features, but why is it so expensive? As reported by Reuters, the website called TechInsights have found out that one unit of iPhone X costs only $357.50 (approx. Rs. 23,200) to make. So basically the gross margin generated by the iPhone X is 64 percent. Now we can understand why is iPhone X so expensive.
If you are skeptical about the source, TechInsights is a company which is known to teardown and estimate the components of devices. Hence, even if the figures are not exactly on point, they should be pretty close to the original numbers.
Coming to the other 2017 models of iPhones, such as the iPhone 8 Plus's making cost is around $288 (approx. Rs. 18,700). However, the iPhone 8 is priced at $799 (approx. Rs. 52,000). This results in a gross margin of about 59 percent.
The teardown has revealed another thing about the new iPhones. The components of the iPhone X is more expensive than that of the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.