TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
Apple last year in September came up with its most expensive phone --the iPhone X-- with a revolutionary design and secured Face ID technology. The Face ID replaced the biometric scanner which was first introduced with iPhone 5s. Last week iPhone X was found to be the best seller smartphone of first Quarter, and now the report claims that Apple is now preparing the rear cameras of iPhone X units.
According to 9to5 Mac reports, Apple has sent a new support document to retail stores and Authorized Service providers. Basically, the document states that the employees first have to run the diagnostics test to see it the customer's Face ID problem can be solved by repairing the rear camera or not. If the repair work doesn't turn to be productive, then the employee has to replace the whole unit, giving the customer a new phone.
It's quite weird to hear that how Apple will repair the rear camera to solve the issue with the Face ID. But the fact is that several users on different regions have witnesses that when their rear camera fails, their Face ID also stops responding.
Affected users have taken to Reddit to explain that after buying their iPhone X, they have faced issues with both the rear camera and Face ID. Both the functions have stopped working at the very same time. Some users have noticed that features like pano, slow-mo, and time-lapse still work, while others did not. An affected unit is reported to prompt the message, "Face ID is not available, try again later".
One Reddit user explained the conversation he had with a Genius Bar personnel - "I was talking to the Genius Bar guy and he said that the cameras are connected. The lenses differ on what they do. The wide angle did the ones that worked and is connected to the front-facing camera. The telephoto is connected to the true depth and was not working."
Apple has distributed the support document this weekend. The company has suggested the Genius Bar employees go with the diagnostics first before going through the replacement process.