TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Announcing that the sales of iPhones were up 50 per cent in India in fiscal 2016, Apple CEO Tim Cook has said that the Cupertino-based company is partnering with Reliance Jio to ensure great iPhone experience for its users.
"Reliance Jio is rolling out a first of its kind all-IP network in India with 4G coverage in 18,000 cities and 200,000 villages across the country. They're offering a free year of service to purchasers of new iPhones and we're partnering with them to ensure great iPhone performance on their network," Apple's CEO Tim Cook said during the company's earnings call on Tuesday night.
Even as the company marked the third straight quarter of declining iPhone sales posting quarterly revenues of $46.9 billion and quarterly net income of $9 billion -- down nearly 9 per cent from revenue of $51.5 billion and net income of $11.1 billion in the year-ago quarter, Cook said that the iPhone sales are up in India.
"Our iPhone sales in India were up over 50 per cent in the fiscal 2016 compared to the prior year and we believe we are just beginning to scratch the surface of this large and growing market opportunity," added Cook.
Earlier this month, Reliance Jio made its 4G services compatible for all Apple iPhones models, along with one year of free service.