TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Olympic Body Punishes India For Declining Visas To Pakistan Team After Pulwama
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Rs 1.40 Lakh Phone priced
- Europa League — Arsenal 3 BATE 0 3-1 Agg: Emery's Men Ease Through
- Maruti Wagon R Electric Price Expectations — Most-Affordable EV At The Time Of Launch
- Small And Midcap Stocks Could Deliver Abnormal Gains
- DeepVeer’s Glamorous Entry At Femina Beauty Awards
- Plan Your Next Getaway To Amalapuram, Andhra Pradesh
- 'I Love You' Is Hard For These Zodiacs
BSNL promises better tele-connectivity in islands
Aimed at providing better connectivity to its customers, BSNL is all set to increase its total bandwidth upto 1Gbps by December this year, for which one new satellite Earth Station at Shadipur.
Informing this here today its Chief General Manager, A&N Circle, Shri RN Jha said after the new building of BSNL, at Shadipur becomes functional, these islands will witness substantial improvement in connectivity.
He further said that additional 50Mbps satellite bandwidth is likely to be added in one months time which will take total satellite connectivity to 528Mbps against the targeted bandwidth of 500Mbps by August 2015.
The CGM said that the 2nd Optical Fibre Cable between Port Blair to Diglipur has been planned to be laid during this financial year which will minimize the frequent breakdown of telecom services.
About laying of submarine optical fibre cable from mainland to Port Blair and from Port Blair to Campbell Bay via Hut Bay, Carnicobar & Kamorta,the CGM said that DPR for the project has been submitted to the department of telecommunication, GoI which is likely to be approved by December this year and the project will be completed in two years time from the date of the award of the work, he said.
The CGM also informed about the newly launched free incoming calls to its mobile customer while in roaming across the country. Now BSNL mobile customers do not need to carry multiple SIMs and are free to talk as long as they want without worrying for any charges during incoming calls.