- 34 min ago Oppo K9s With Snapdragon 778G, 120Hz Display Launched; India Price, Availability
- 1 hr ago WhatsApp Web: How To Setup And Use It On Web Browser
- 1 hr ago Instagram Sunset Photo Drop Trend Might Not Be Just A Trend
- 2 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Portable Outdoor Party Speakers
- News Muslim marriage is a contract and not sacrament unlike a Hindu marriage: HC
- Movies Angelina Jolie's Daughter Zahara Stuns In Mom's Vintage Oscar Dress At Eternals LA Premiere
- Education Kerala SET January 2022 Registration Opens. Check KSET Exam Date, Admit Card And Eligibility Details Here
- Lifestyle Kubbra Sait And Deepika Padukone Can Give You Cues On How To Look Cool And Ace The Street-Style Look
- Finance These 3 Small Finance Banks Offering Interest On FD Up To 7.25%, Long Term And Short Term Comparison, Risks
- Sports James Pattinson, the Australian fast bowler, retires from cricket at 31
- Automobiles Limited-Edition Toyota Innova Crysta Launched In India: Comes With HUD, 360-Degree Camera, And More Features
- Travel Tamil Nadu's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Exclusive: Lava Plans To Launch First 5G Smartphone And Smartwatch Near Diwali
After launching its Probuds TWS earbuds, Indian handset maker, Lava is all set to launch its 5G smartphone in the country. Besides, the company is planning to launch its first smartwatch this year as well. Also, the company has some huge plans for the second half of this year.
Meanwhile, we have interacted with the company's product head Tejinder Singh regarding upcoming products and their expansion plans. He said the company is working towards launching its first 5G devices.
"We are planning to launch our first 5G smartphone near Diwali along with a new technology that will be unique and you will not get in any other device," he added. He exclusively informed Gizbot that the company will launch only one 5G smartphone with top-notch features. The smartphone will be priced between Rs. 17,000 to Rs. 20,000.
The company is in discussion with Indian telecom operators for opportunities to go to the market together. In addition, Lava has discussed how their handset can fit in telecom operators' ecosystem, Tejinder replied when asked about conducting trials with telecom operators for the 5G smartphone.
Apart from launching its 5G smartphone in the country, the homegrown handset maker is planning to bring its first smartwatch near Diwali.
Lava Expansion Plans For 2021
It was interesting to know that the company doesn't want to restrict itself to a few markets as it is planning to foray into new countries like Latin America.
On expanding their reach to other countries Tejinder shared that "We already operating in more than 20 countries. Now, we are foraying into some Southeast Asian countries, some African countries, and Latin America."
He further said that the company is in discussion with distributors in these countries.
Lava Market Share Expectation For 2021
Meanwhile, the product head of the company pointed out that they are looking at a 10 percent market share. It is important to note that Lava has more than 20 percent share in a feature phone.
However, the company believes that on the back of investment in research and development along with upcoming smartphones it will achieve an overall 10 percent market share soon.