- 41 min ago Molife Sense 320 Smartwatch With 15 Days Battery Life Announced: Price, Features
- 7 hrs ago List Of 7 Inch Screen Smartphones Available To Buy In India
- 12 hrs ago New Poco C Series Phone India Launch Confirmed On September 30; Is It The Poco C4?
- 14 hrs ago Realme GT Neo2 Launching Soon In India; Price, Features, Launch Timeline
- News In meet with PM Modi, Kamala Harris refers to Pak terror role, agrees on need to monitor
- Movies Gulki Joshi Reveals She Was Rejected For Domestic Help’s Role Due To Her Skin Colour; Read Statement
- Sports Mourinho praises Roma's fighting spirit after matching Allegri's record home run
- Finance Realty Stocks To Buy As Outlook For The Sector Remains Bullish: Nifty Realty Gains 23% In 4 Session
- Lifestyle Tamannaah Bhatia, Sophie Choudry, And Other Divas Look Their Fashionable Best
- Automobiles Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
- Education NIOS Practical Hall Ticket 2021 Released For Oct-Nov Examination
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
Exclusive: Lava Plans To Launch First 5G Smartphone And Smartwatch Near Diwali
After launching its Probuds TWS earbuds, Indian handset maker, Lava is all set to launch its 5G smartphone in the country. Besides, the company is planning to launch its first smartwatch this year as well. Also, the company has some huge plans for the second half of this year.
Meanwhile, we have interacted with the company's product head Tejinder Singh regarding upcoming products and their expansion plans. He said the company is working towards launching its first 5G devices.
"We are planning to launch our first 5G smartphone near Diwali along with a new technology that will be unique and you will not get in any other device," he added. He exclusively informed Gizbot that the company will launch only one 5G smartphone with top-notch features. The smartphone will be priced between Rs. 17,000 to Rs. 20,000.
The company is in discussion with Indian telecom operators for opportunities to go to the market together. In addition, Lava has discussed how their handset can fit in telecom operators' ecosystem, Tejinder replied when asked about conducting trials with telecom operators for the 5G smartphone.
Apart from launching its 5G smartphone in the country, the homegrown handset maker is planning to bring its first smartwatch near Diwali.
Lava Expansion Plans For 2021
It was interesting to know that the company doesn't want to restrict itself to a few markets as it is planning to foray into new countries like Latin America.
On expanding their reach to other countries Tejinder shared that "We already operating in more than 20 countries. Now, we are foraying into some Southeast Asian countries, some African countries, and Latin America."
He further said that the company is in discussion with distributors in these countries.
Lava Market Share Expectation For 2021
Meanwhile, the product head of the company pointed out that they are looking at a 10 percent market share. It is important to note that Lava has more than 20 percent share in a feature phone.
However, the company believes that on the back of investment in research and development along with upcoming smartphones it will achieve an overall 10 percent market share soon.