TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
HMD Global had acquired Nokia back in May 2016. Even after the revamp, the Nokia branded smartphones proved to be as popular as before.
Now, it seems like HMD is planning to implement some features from the abolished Nokia Lumia phones in the future Nokia phones. As such, the upcoming Nokia phones are expected to feature the Lumia Camera UI. The information comes straight from the horse's mouth. HMD's Chief Product Officer Juho Sarvikas has hinted the development on his Twitter account.
This is not the first time we are hearing something like this. In July, we came across a report suggesting that about 500 design patents have been transferred to HMD Global from Microsoft Mobile.
The Lumia Camera UI was created by Nokia for its Windows Phone smartphones. It is considered to be one of the most innovative camera apps around.
Nokia Lumia 1020 was the first device to get this interface, and it offers a bunch of manual controls to enhance image results. Users could adjust the shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, White Balance as well as set various modes such as Night and Sports while clicking the pictures. There is no information available on when exactly the rollout of the UI on Nokia phones would start.
The design patent for the Lumia Camera UI is just one of the 500 design patents transferred by Microsoft Mobile to HMD Global. Notably, there are 200+ design patents with Microsoft Mobile and it remains unclear if these will be transferred to HMD or not.