TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Looking back at 2017, it is pretty apparent that it was the year of bezel-less and dual camera smartphones. The bezel-less trend is probably here to stay, but what about the dual cameras. Well, if were to guess, 2018 will be the year of quad camera smartphones. This means, dual cameras at both the front and rear. In October, Huawei's sub-brand Honor launched the Honor 9i, which came with not the usual three, but a total of four cameras. The company is also expected to launch the Honor 9 Lite in India, which packs four cameras as well. Another Chinese brand, Gionee has now confirmed that it will soon launch a smartphone with four cameras in India.
Dubbed as Gionee S11, the smartphone will arrive with rear dual cameras and front dual cameras. The company has taken to Twitter to post a teaser that reads, "All eyes on Gionee". The teaser also contains the hashtag #ComingSoon, confirming an imminent launch of the S11 in India. This is in line with an earlier report that claimed that the S11 might get unveiled in India sometime in January.
The teaser, however, does not give away any details of the upcoming smartphone. As per existing reports, the Gionee S11 will come in the sub 20K category. The S11 was originally launched in China for RMB 1799, which translates to around Rs. 17,640.
On the specs angle, the smartphone has a glass body with thin bezels around the display. The display is of 5.99 inches with the pixel resolution of 2,160×1,080 and the aspect ratio of 18:9. Under the hood, the S11 makes use of MediaTek's Helio P23 processor paired with 4GB RAM and 64GB native storage which can be further expanded using the dedicated microSD card slot.
Talking about the most highlighted aspect of the smartphone, it bears a 16MP primary sensor and an 8MP secondary sensor at the front. The rear dual camera setup, on the other hand, comprises of a 16MP primary sensor and a 5MP secondary sensor. The rear cameras also come with autofocus and LED flash.
The S11 is backed up by a 3,410mAh battery and it runs on Android 7.1 Nougat based Amigo OS 5.0. When it comes to connectivity, the device features 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, dual SIM, 3.5 mm headphone jack and micro USB ports. Besides this, there is also a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner onboard.